Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2014 5:35:38 PM EST
So I've used Pmags for a few years now and they've never failed me, but I hate the huge flared baseplate. I've seen the new(Ish) troy mags and I have a few of them but I haven't really put them through their paces yet. Im just wondering if any of ya'll have experience with them? So far they've run reliably for me but I also haven't put any more than 100 rounds through all 6 mags together when I've got a few Pmags that are closing in on 1000 rounds a mag. The polymer just feels kinda flimsy to me, but then again that's what I thought the first time I grabbed a pmag. Do anyone that uses them have any experience with yours breaking or cracking or warping under normal use? Thanks for any help ya'll can give.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:51:13 PM EST
I was using troy mags, pmags, aluminum mags and a couple others at a rifle class here in AZ. The troy battlemags were the only ones that failed miserably. The aluminum did OK having only 1-2 hiccups. But the battlemags actually jammed really bad requiring me to slam them against the bed of a truck. I wouldn't trust them that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:56:28 AM EST
I used one for a bit that functioned fine. Did seem like the polymer would flex more than Pmags or Lancers.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 4:57:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2014 8:59:48 PM EST by 10centPistolero]
There was a pretty good torture test thread that convinced me to try Battlemags even though they feel kinda weak.

So I've been doing some of my own trials during a training event recently between my G1&2 PMAGS I've had forever, some Lancers, and some Troy Battlemags. I didn't put GI mags in because I had enough of their crap years ago.

PMAGS came out on top since I had repeated trouble with the Lancers' HUGE ribs that kept snagging on my pouches. Absolute failure under combat conditions. Yah I said it, fuck Lancers. The Battlemags held up pretty well, but are pretty slick when you yank on em with gloved fingers. That was my only gripe, but it makes a reload clunky and cumbersome. They come out from a pouch REALLY smooth, wether it's a double pouch or a single pouch with bungee retention. I'm going to stipple the smooth sides with a soldering iron and give em a whirl in an upcoming event.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 12:31:34 PM EST
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/581741_The_Unscientific_Plastic_Magazine_Test___Videos_pg15___Part_2_pg16___mobile_users_56k_do_not_click_.html
Here's the torture test thread
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 10:01:09 AM EST
They are not as cheap or durable as pmags. They arent as good as lancers. Also, a lot of people are boycotting troy. Google could tell you why
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:27:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2014 4:28:08 PM EST by MeatBag]
I have a few and they've always worked fine. Of course, we hate Troy now.

They do feel flimsier than any of my other polymer mags.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:59:25 PM EST
Have you tried the Magpul M3 mags they seem to be more streamline than the M2s

I hate Troy anything.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:13:33 AM EST
I love this tread I will keep looking for troy battle mags.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:34:30 AM EST
Seems that Troy anything is gone almost everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:09:14 PM EST
Ibft.

Top Top