Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/13/2006 8:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 8:17:25 PM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
So i just picked up a lower and LPK and when i put it together the pins for the trigger group and hammer have a little play in them(left and right movement).Do i......

A. buy a new set of pins tommorow or
B. go ahead and buy some anti-rotational pins

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:15:29 PM EDT
Whos LPK?

Make sure you have the legs of your hammer spring OVER the pin, not under.

The hammer pin is held in place by the J spring inside the hammer. if there isn't enough tension from the J spring the hammer pin can walk.

Check to make sure that the spring legs are only touching the groove of the pin, and not on the side of the trigger C channel as the trigger is moved.

If needed, either adjust the spring to prevent the leg from touching the trigger, of if the spring is installed correctly, you may have to either thin out the spring leg or widen the pin groove to prevent the spring leg from walking out of the groove.

Sometimes the wire gage used in the hammer spring is too large, cutting the legs into a V shape where they cross the pin is an easy fix. Replacing the spring is a better one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:48:21 AM EDT
....who's lower?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:08:58 AM EDT
I never knew about the J-spring holding the hammer pin in place. What prevents the hammer pin from rotating, because I noticed that it does rotate about when cocking/releasing the hammer. Wouldn't this wear away at the lower receiver eventually, or is the anodized aluminum harder than the hammer pins?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:22:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
What prevents the hammer pin from rotating,

Nothing, unless the pin is a very tight fit then friction would prevent it from rotating. Why are you concerned about it rotating?

Wouldn't this wear away at the lower receiver eventually, or is the anodized aluminum harder than the hammer pins?

Well if it's going to wear away the lower it had better hurry up - I've seen 20+ year old M16A1s that didn't have any 'wear issues'.

If you're properly lubing the lowr with CLP some of the lube will seep out around the pins and will help prevent any 'wear'.

This is a non issue for 99.999999% of ARs but somebody somewhere has a gadget to part you from your money to prevent this "problem". When the fact is there is no issue unless you've got a crappy cast receiver and you are firing 100,000 of rounds through the weapon on full-auto.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:38:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
....who's lower?

Oly Arms lower
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:54:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By maggart:

....who's lower?

Oly Arms lower

I'd like to look at it. I try to keep an eye on Oly stuff and go bitch at them if something is wrong.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:53:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15barrels:

Originally Posted By maggart:

....who's lower?

Oly Arms lower

Why am I not suprised?

Don't worry about pin holes.
Can you fit mags in the magazine well?

Not on the Kalifornia lowrs..
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:29:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:05:07 PM EDT
Thers nothing wrong with oly lowers. i hav a complete oly rifle and it is a tack driver
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:49:47 PM EDT
Some of the Olympic made lowers I have have larger diameter pin holes on one side than the other side of the lower. Both sides are on the high end of the allowed sizing. I have one with the pin holes at the max allowed diameter before anodizing and it is anodized. I sent one new lower back that one pin hole was larger than allowed and they remade it for me.
Top Top