Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:55:41 PM EDT
Has anyone had trouble mounting their Tango Down vertical grip to a Surefire M73 quadrail? I cannot seem to get the two locking bars on the grip to fully engage on the rail. Tango Down states that an "audible click" should be heard and that both locking bars should be seated all the way at the top when properly installed. I have tried all of the location of the M73 and none allow for a full engagement. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:08:19 PM EDT
The locking bars don't seat all the way on my TD installed on a LaRue. Even though the bars are not seated all the way there is no way the vert grip is moving. It is rock solid and I think the profile of the bars do not match the profile of the grooves in the LaRue. If your vert grip is solid and doesn't move I wouldn't worry about it. If it does move around then you have a problem.

MadDog
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:24:42 PM EDT
Mine doesn't move much either. Just a very very slight wobble back and forth. I just got my new RRA Tactical Entry and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I'm not all that concerned about the Tango Down because it about rips your fingers up just trying to get it to move at all on the rail. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:30:14 PM EDT
don't drive yourself crazy trying to get the bars to lock up. I have a TD and the M73 and I tried for days to get thoose bars to fully engage but for whatever reason they don't. From what I have read here something like 90% of M73 and TD owners can not get it to lock. I ended trimming a little bit off of the bars and that seemed to help a little but only as very little, probably not worth doing it. I am assuming yout TD moves side to side a little as mine did. At first it bothered the hell out of me but after a while and since it didn't move back and forth only side to side it didn't bother me anymore. When I am shooting I don't even notice it. I only notice it while fondling mr AR.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:31:33 PM EDT
This was the quick response I received from the guys at Tango Down in regards to the original question:

Thank you for contacting us. The locking bars of the BGV-MK46 will lock
up securely on SureFire M73 rails. They just don't wedge at the depth of
the rail crosscuts, compared to KAC rails, which the U.S. Military uses
almost exclusively.

The grip locking bars are wedged shape in cross section, and can
compensate for slight dimensional differences in most quality rail
systems. Your grip is secure, and will not move until you choose to move it.

Most SureFire M73 rails we have measured consistently run about
.003-.004 under size of the MIL-STD 1913 blueprint. That creates the
slight side-to-side movement you detect in your grip. This movement
disappears when you mount and drive the weapon up, and has no negative
effect on accuracy. Other than the slightly undersized dimension
mentioned above, the M73 is an excellent non-free floating rail that
offers lots of value.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:40:16 PM EDT
My TDVFG never went all the way up on the M73 either, but it was rock solid. I figured if the locking bars wore down a little they eventually would, but it's not an issue to me as long as the VFG stays where I put it.
Top Top