Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 1:01:19 PM EDT
Got a 16" midlength Rock River, with the tactical handle sights.  Not sure if I'm doing it right, but I followed the directions for a 25-meter zero.  When I went to shoot at 100 yards, I was about 8" high.   Does this sound right?  The rear sight bottomed out right at the 6/3 mark, I added one, and adjusted the front post height per the instructions.  Used the smaller aperature for the sighting, then flipped it to the larger one for the 100 yards.

Should it be hitting this high at 100 yards?  I figured since it is now zeroed at 25 and 300 meters, I was expecting a few inches high, but not 8!  Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you using the large aperature at 100 yards?  Where does the small one hit relative to the POA?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why are you using the large aperature at 100 yards?  Where does the small one hit relative to the POA?

I switched to the larger aperature, as that is what all the manuals say to use for 1-200 yards (unless I'm mistaken?).  I was under the assumption they were supposed to have the same POI.

blackjack333,
Thanks, I found that sight last night.  I might give the improved 50-yard zero a try and see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The large and small aperature do not have identical POI in my experience.  The larger one I use for 50 yards and in.  The small one works much better for further than 50 yards or for any precise shot.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top