Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2003 5:27:00 PM EDT
Which one works better? Is the XS faster than the trijicon? What size and shape do you prefer on the XS front sight?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bushmaster sight has a dual rotation system, so you can always have the dot towards you.  I am unfamiliar with the XS AR sight, but have their other products which are excellent, and their customer service, like Bushmaster, is OUTSTANDING!  Service wise you can't lose with either one.  The Bushmaster is a small dot, but with XS you have a choice of size and shape of the top.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The XS sight is really a great addition toyour AR and I recommend them highly. Not only do you have a tritium front sight, but the XS gives you the option of a large and very visible white dot. It is uch faster than the standard or Trijicon. You do give up some easy in precision, big round sights are always harderto line up precisely than one that is smaller and finer, but for a CQB gun, the XS is hard to beat. FWIW, I do believe Trijicon tritium inserts (generally considered to be the longest lasting and brightest) are used in all XS nite sights.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the XS front sight and I like it.  It's kind of like a 36MOA reflex sight .

Past 50 yards it completely blots out the target, so I zeroed it with the top of the sight as the focal point instead of the center of the dot.  That makes longer shots possible (using the top of the sight, like a normal post front sight) without screwing up CQB (using the whole dot) too badly.

jafager
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top