Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2002 7:15:28 PM EDT
I think not, due to the configuration of the sight and the fiber optic disc on the top. Unlike the Aimpoint, which can be rotated, I don't think the Tripower can be rotated and still operate effectively.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the controls are pretty much ambidexterous, no need whatsoever to flip it as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It look to me like the battery module is in a left handed shooters field of vision.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It look to me like the battery module is in a left handed shooters field of vision.

Not particularly.  Besides, the chemlight module, while slightly smaller, is in the same place on the opposite side to block right handers.

Controls are all on top, no advantage to either side.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Good point above.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Trijicon should ditch the cyalume stick option altogether and focus on improving the electronic's battery life. I have a feeling that the Tri-power when it comes out is going to be a major dissappointment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Trijicon should ditch the cyalume stick option altogether and focus on improving the electronic's battery life. I have a feeling that the Tri-power when it comes out is going to be a major dissappointment.

Personally, I'd rather them keep it till they get it right.  I believe that they are Beta testing with some users now.  That should result in a much better product than was shown at the Shotshow.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope they are letting some real operators test this optic out. I really want the concept to work, and not turn out to be another disappointment like the Leupold CQT.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hope they are letting some real operators test this optic out. I really want the concept to work, and not turn out to be another disappointment like the Leupold CQT.

Walt:

I am pretty sure that they are.

I suspect that the suggestions you made have already been passed on to the factory.

In case they read this board, anything else you, or the other members here think should be done with it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#10]
My vision for the Tri-power is:

NO BLUE TINTED LENSES.

At least 100 hr battery life, prefer a 1000.

Save weight and bulk by leaving off the cyalume stick and spare battery compartment. Aren't the
tritium and fiber optics back-up light sources?

No automatic shut-off.

I think the Trijicon's approach to the Tri-power by making the tritium and fiber optic the primary sources of light is backwards.

Electronincs should be the main light source and then supplemented by tritium and fiber optics. Electronic sights have clearly shown themselves to be superior in performance in a wider array of lighting situations; their fatal flaw is battery reliance.

I have concerns about the half metal/half polymer tube body. The sight needs to be built like a tank and have flip up lens covers.

I would carefuly examine the weakness of the Aimpoint M2 and the EoTech. IMO the Aimpoints main weakneses are battery reliance and the blurry dot when on high power. The EoTech's problem is short batterylife, auto shut-off, lack of weatherproofing.

As I see it, the Tri-power's biggest obstacle to success will be paralax and having a fixed reticle. The red dots allow shooters to use  almost any sight picture to aim with. Success depends on whether shooters want to give up flexibility for more reliability.

Best Regards
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top