Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 7/27/2004 7:40:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/27/2004 7:55:57 PM EST by Quien]
So I found out that after a 3 month backorder, the Tri-Power is in the mail on its way to my place.
What mount should I use and at what height should it be mounted. I currently have an Aimpoint ML2 on a 16 inch upper with the full spacer (cantileever-type.) Would the tripower work with the same mount/spacer combo?

Thanks in advance
Alex
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 5:08:55 AM EST
Does anyone own this thing??
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 5:12:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 5:15:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/28/2004 5:18:08 AM EST by s0ulzer0]
Wow, the TriPower....those are finally out?
I know ARMS makes a specific mount for the TriPower, the #22TX30
www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=27
If that means they made this because the Aimpoint mount (#22M68) will not work, I do not know.

~ s0ulzer0

Edit: Damn, Hawkeye beat me to the punch!
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 5:17:05 AM EST
The tripower is on my list of really really want but don't need items. The other items are a barret (of course) and a beretta 93r
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 1:00:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/30/2004 2:21:42 PM EST by Dianabol]
Here is a pic of my TriPower in the ARMS #22TX30...

It positions the TX30 perfectly on my #45 SIR.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 1:49:14 PM EST
Looks good, Dianabol!
How do you like the TriPower?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 2:11:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By s0ulzer0:
Looks good, Dianabol!
How do you like the TriPower?

~ s0ulzer0

Thanks!

I am very happy with my TriPower.
The fiber optic system has worked perfectly in 100% of my outdoor shooting (no reticle washout issues) and I switch on the battery back-up when I am indoors, so Indoor/outdoor washout is a non-issue while indoors as well.
The chemical light works (and is a very cool idea) but it makes the reticle VERY bright, to the point of being a distraction. Would work in a pinch however, and it is nice to know that it is there if I need it.

I am also a fan of the reticle, I find it very fast to get on target. Not as fast as the Eotech's "circle-dot" but much faster than a typical 3-4 moa "dot".
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 2:14:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/30/2004 2:18:07 PM EST by AUT_BELLUM]
I have mine in a WorldWideOrdnance cantiliver mount. It's being updated right now for the red glare fix(wasn't really bad). some reticle washout when shooting from dimly lit area to bright area, even with battery. otherwise all good, i like it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 2:21:25 PM EST
Dianobol- Nice rig. Any possibility of a thru-optic picture so we can check out the view of the reticle? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 2:23:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By LRGunner:
Dianobol- Nice rig. Any possibility of a thru-optic picture so we can check out the view of the reticle? Thanks.

You bet, just bear with me a second while I try and find 'em.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 3:31:17 PM EST
tick tock, it's been 7 minutes here. LOL

The one I looked at last had the wash, it was usable, but still had the wash. With that said, I get something very similar to that with the Aimpoint. Much smaller, but it is still there. It was there when I have my compM XD, and it is there with the M2 I have. I noticed that the closer I am to the optic the less of the "bloom" I see.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 5:59:20 PM EST
Damn, sorry for the slow reply!

My computer has been screwed up for the last three weeks, and shortly after my last post it decided to kick me off.
Because my computer is so screwed up, a few days ago I tried to shuffle some of my pictures around (thinking that might "fix" my problem) but intstead I lost some pictures. It looks like my "thru-optic" pics are gone.
They were not the best pics, but they did show the reticle/front sight post relationship and the ability to co-witness.
I would take some more but a friend has my AR at the moment.

Sorry bros!

Link Posted: 7/30/2004 7:17:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By TNRonin:
tick tock, it's been 7 minutes here. LOL

The one I looked at last had the wash, it was usable, but still had the wash. With that said, I get something very similar to that with the Aimpoint. Much smaller, but it is still there. It was there when I have my compM XD, and it is there with the M2 I have. I noticed that the closer I am to the optic the less of the "bloom" I see.

I sold my CompM XD because of that "bloom", then I got a M2 and still had that "bloom", then I found out I had a slight astigmatism. With corrected vision it is a perfect dot.

<--- me w/glasses
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 9:33:11 PM EST
For CQB is the Tripower as effective as the Eotec? I am building my own Bushmaster A3 and am in the market for an optic.
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 4:35:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dianabol:
The fiber optic system has worked perfectly in 100% of my outdoor shooting (no reticle washout issues) and I switch on the battery back-up when I am indoors, so Indoor/outdoor washout is a non-issue while indoors as well.

Are there still issues with the fiber optic donut on top glowing when the battery or chem light backup is used?
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 7:46:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
fiber optic donut

LMAO! I've never heard it called that before, nor did I know this about the TriPower.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 7:52:56 PM EST
Really nice set-up. You should be proud of the weapon system.

Any luck with providing the list with a see-through photo of the reticle and field of view. I'm currently contemplating the Tri-power for my M-4.

Thanks for entertaining my request.

USMC-0302
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 9:18:34 PM EST
can anyone get a pic through a tri-power?!
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:04:20 PM EST
I have a tri-power back at work and I am fairly impressed with it. I got it back in December, so it's one of the "flawed" models, but I have had zero problems with it. It's incredibly clear and accurate at night with a piggy backed an-pvs14 as well, I was pleasantly surprised, and only expected something passable for night time use.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 4:06:57 AM EST
Send it in. there is no charge for the upgrade.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:38:14 PM EST
I may later, but right now shipping from and back to an APO would take a minimum of 3 months.

Im not a big fan of MPS either.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 12:45:58 AM EST
So after all the bugs are worked out of the TriPower, are they all the rave?

I am looking at an Aimpoint for my AR. Has anyone used both as to compare them side by side?
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 12:58:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/6/2004 1:00:45 AM EST by norman74]
I've wanted one of these since I saw them at SHOT 1.5 years ago. I never was a fan of the Aimpoint but really liked the idea of the Tripower if they could get it working right.
However, everywhere I look they appear to be about $500, plus $100 for the mount? No thanks.

In case anyone wonders what we're talking about here
www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=11
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:53:32 AM EST
Norm, I was the same way, but dang that price for what you get is just not a good value.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 4:56:21 AM EST
Damn, mention the price and the thread goes in the shitter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:20:50 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:23:37 AM EST
I shopped around and found one from current production that I could actually put my hands on before purchase for $479.00. Only one he had and just received from Trijicon. One look through it and it was mine. I also received a very good price on the ARMS mount and spacer specifically for the TX30.

Worried about muzzle side signature comments? When it is ever released by Tenebrex, the TX22 killflash will cover that minute spot, besides, your muzzle flash is going to break your concelement long before the TX30 will. I have to see how it is with night vision looking back at it from distance. Heck, I'm not running around shooting at tangoes at night either and I doubt that anyone breaking and entering will be using night vision.
Top Top