Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:15:01 PM EDT
Hello, does anyone have a picture of what a healthy tritium lit reticle looks like at night for the TA01?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
i see a light yellow light. Isnt it supposed to be red? And how much of the reticle is supposed to illuminate?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i see a light yellow light. Isnt it supposed to be red? And how much of the reticle is supposed to illuminate?

Yours must be a TA01NSN, they have Amber illumination.  If our website wasn't down I would post a photo of the reticle, check it out when the site comes back up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried to get a picture of mine in a dark room, but it's impossible with my camera.

Even new, the illumination is not very bright. It's very visible in the dark, but it doesn't jump out at you. :p

BTW, there are a few TA01 NSN's out there with red illumination. They're tough to track down, but they exist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I tried to get a picture of mine in a dark room, but it's impossible with my camera.

Even new, the illumination is not very bright. It's very visible in the dark, but it doesn't jump out at you. :p

BTW, there are a few TA01 NSN's out there with red illumination. They're tough to track down, but they exist.

I'll look into that, I have never seen a TA01NSN with red illumination and I can't say we have ever shipped one.  Our standard TA01 has red illumination.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is a picture of my TA01.
Aimed at tai light of car 100 yards away.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The TA01NSNFLR has the red illumination. I wish I had got that model, not that I dont love my NSN tho.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Our standard TA01 has red illumination.

I have an older model TA-01 that I bought used in 2002.  I bought it at a gunshow not far from Ft Lewis Washington.  I suspect it was used military but I don't know for sure.

It had an amber reticle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top