Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2006 5:46:30 AM EDT
Do these perfom about the same, or is one better? I recall reading one suffered from washout but I do not remember which one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
eotech>mepro
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the reflex.  The dot isn't really bright enough for me to see in full daylight.
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Trijicon is a better sight than the Meprolight in every single way.

The Trijicon still kind of sucks, though. Especially in a dark room looking out into bright day.
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Old technology.  Unless you're going for a period build, either is a waste of bread.  Considering that they are both well within the price range of better sights, you'd be much better served using an EOTech or Aimpoint.  

I have both, and I like the EOTech the best.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
And if weight is a concern look for a mini sight like the Dr Optic or its clones.  3 years battery life should make the fact it uses batts easier to swallow.  The only possible feature I can think of that a mini sight would lack if you bought 2 pare batteries for it is EMP resistance.  If you are concerned with that you are better off asking questions in the survival forum lol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 4:06:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Trijicon is a better sight than the Meprolight in every single way.

The Trijicon still kind of sucks, though. Especially in a dark room looking out into bright day.

Thanks. that is what I wanted to know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Old technology.  Unless you're going for a period build, either is a waste of bread.  Considering that they are both well within the price range of better sights, you'd be much better served using an EOTech or Aimpoint.  

I have both, and I like the EOTech the best.  YMMV.

What kind of upper do you have the EOTech mounted on ?  What kind of back up iron sights do you have ?

Link Posted: 8/11/2006 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I may be the only one, but I really like my Reflex.  I'm red/green colorblind and I can actually see the amber triangle pretty well.  I like not having to deal turning the thing on and off too.  I pull out my rifle and it's good to go.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#9]
WHO THE FREAKIN HECK said the Trijicon Reflex sucks!!...unlike others, Im with
GiantCarp. I love my sight! I got a RX06-23 model and never had an issue with it.
My advantages what I experianced where:
I can set it at high or low rise without any problems.
NEVER EVER do I have to replace it with batteries.
Able to see a 12.9 MOA reticle no problem.
Light weight.
Never fogs up.
Old technology yes,..but I trust the old and wise.
and never do I have to push a button to start the engine!
ALL THAT IN A BAG OF CHIPS,...POW!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top