Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:35:20 PM EDT
I am interested in getting a red dot and saw the Trijicon RMR (ruggedized miniature reflex) at a local gunshop.  I did a search here on the website and did not see a previous thread.  The size, weight, battery lenght, and sight picture seemed VERY appealing.

I was kicking around the idea that this site could be used for 3 gun matches. Possibly one site picture for my side arm, shotty,AND carbines.  buying 3 would provide red dots for my ARs but also let me put one on each type of gun.  The site is even small enough to put on top of my 22-45 with the tactical solutions upper...very nice.... Has anyone here tried this site out?

....what says the hive mind?

Here is a link:

Trijicon RMR

Thank you,

Blair
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am interested in getting a red dot and saw the Trijicon RMR (ruggedized miniature reflex) at a local gunshop.  I did a search here on the website and did not see a previous thread.  The size, weight, battery lenght, and sight picture seemed VERY appealing.

I was kicking around the idea that this site could be used for 3 gun matches. Possibly one site picture for my side arm, shotty,AND carbines.  buying 3 would provide red dots for my ARs but also let me put one on each type of gun.  The site is even small enough to put on top of my 22-45 with the tactical solutions upper...very nice.... Has anyone here tried this site out?

....what says the hive mind?

Here is a link:

Trijicon RMR

I too am interested in putting on my COG TA31Doc.  will be calling SWFA, Triji tomm.

Thank you,

Blair

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Blair,
If you want to build a 3-gun kit, the RMR would not be the best option.  That is, unless you want to shoot in Open and I take it from your post that you are new to 3-gunning.
At this time, you're better served to look for a 1-4x variable scope for your AR, leave handgun as-is and get a semi-auto shotgun.  That would be the quickest and cheapest way to get started.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Blair,
If you want to build a 3-gun kit, the RMR would not be the best option.  That is, unless you want to shoot in Open and I take it from your post that you are new to 3-gunning.
At this time, you're better served to look for a 1-4x variable scope for your AR, leave handgun as-is and get a semi-auto shotgun.  That would be the quickest and cheapest way to get started.

Well, I am getting older (47) and shooting irons is getting more difficult. I started using fiber optics on my skeet gun and handgun and that has helped. I tried a friend's J-point mounted on his Glock and REALLY liked it. So I am warming to a reddot sight on "other guns". I'd like to do an RMR on my Glock 20 for pin shooting.

That being said, you can run 3-gun with a reddot/reflex as a really close quarters option to a fixed power optic. Either the 45 degree strongside cant mount or an on-top. My 3-gun carbine runs a NF 1-4, but a buddy of mine has a Trijicon TA33 and a J-point on cant. His set up is lighter and cheaper than mine. Even if you coughed the bucks for an RMR it would still be lighter than a 1-4.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely you can do that.  I was only making a recommendation to the new shooter that you can only do this in Open and all 3 guns should have red dots to be competitive.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#6]
insight Technologies has a new mini red dot sight coming out. From what I can remember it is waterproof to spec ops depths and does not require removal from the weapon to change the battery. I may be mistaken about some of the specs but it appeared to be a very nice unit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
MrPink:  I am thinking of changing out my T-1 Micro which resides on my 3-gun rig for the Trijicon RMR.  I would then remove my very old reflex II on my shotbun and replace it with the T-1.  I shoot Open Class so I have a first generation Trijicon MRD on my pistol and love it.  I am 54 and find it much easier to sight with both eyes open using a red dot so it was a natural choice for me when choosing a pistol optic.

MadDog

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top