Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:37:33 PM EDT
Good scope ? Peace of crap ? Any one used one?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:09:52 AM EDT
I had one years ago. For its time, it worked well. You can get the same result by leaving the front lens cover closed on an Aimpoint. Plus I shoot better while being able to see thru the optic. With the OEG, I did not feel like I had full peripheral view.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:48:12 AM EDT
Pretty high-speed for its time; but has some limitations such as:

1) Zero is only dead on at one particular range for one particular person (the person who zeroed it)
2) With different ranges or different people, point of impact can vary as much as 6-8" in both horizontal and vertical plane
3) Requires two good eyes to use

It can be very fast at ranges under 100yds; but it isn't much use outside that envelope due to the limitations of the type of sighting system it uses (occluded eye).

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:35:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 10:37:25 AM EDT by eklikwhoa]
super good for its time but now a bit outdated.

after getting it zeroed its pretty fast but cheekweld is critical with the oeg and so is your eye relief cause if any of it is different from when you zeroed it then you poi will be off too. when i shot mine for the first time all i could thinnk about was the time frame this thing came out compared to today and how it would have been the shizznit in its time.

they are a bit harder to find now since no one stocks them and dont think they are made anymore. from time to time they pop up in the ee along with other auction places.

here's mine

Armson OEGs for Retro-rifles
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:42:55 PM EDT
Armson still seels them. www.armsonusa.com
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:42:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Danner130:
Armson still seels them. www.armsonusa.com

all the copyrights info ended in '04 and that happens to be the last time the site was updated.
Top Top