Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2002 7:41:15 PM EDT
Well I got something that was on my wish list this year. I got a set of Trijicons for my AR. I have read some negative threads about these over the years. Things like, you only need the front one because the back sight does nothing for you. Well after installing them I now wish I had bought a set years ago. I love them and am VERY glad I have both the front and rear sights. My only concern is the size of the front sight. It is a little wide. They are no replacement for a Reflex or ACOG but they are sweet.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Luckystiff.  I was seriously thinking of the Trijicon iron sights as well on my Bushy.  But when I bought an Aimpoint ML2, there wasn't really a need for the tritium sights.  I do keep some Trijicon iron sights on my SIG though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have just the front, if KAC offered the option of tritium lit 300M backup iron sight I'd buy it but it doesn't. The ACOG TA01NSN on my weapon also has a tritium lit front sight on top of it, and there's the Optima 2000, talk about overkill (for me anyway [:)])
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p8fc5c89af79f7f6b2e2810efa6869ca1/fcdeaa71.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a set of tritium sights for sale for 50.00 if anybodys interested.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=150467[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
How's that ACOG TA01NSN working out for you Duffy?  A scope for my Bushy is the only major thing missing from my AR.  The only scope I've really been considering is the ACOG TA01NSN.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Nomad, I've been very happy with mine and think you will be too, as long as you know its strengths and shortcomings.  Just about every TA01NSN I've seen needs to have its front sight drifted to the left a bit, otherwise it'll shoot high to the right when you use the backup iron sights on the scope (now mine just shoots high, lol).  The reticle is very fine, great for precision shooting but not helpful for short range quick target acquisition (that's why the Optima is on top of mine).  I like its range finding capability too, but wish more of the reticle would be lit by tritium at night like other ACOG models.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I got both front and rear night sights...I like em.  I don't know how practical they truly are...

but I got em!

lol!

Actually, the front sight post creates a slight glare in my ACOG in total darkness.  Not enough to deter me in any way...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmmm...
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive been told that trijicon sights can give you up to the enemy at night. Anyone have any experiance with this? pistols included. How does your cheek weld work when you double stack optics like the picture a few post above?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
.... How does your cheek weld work when you double stack optics like the picture a few post above?
View Quote

Well the built-in backup sights are emergency sights and they're barely adequate (even a compact pistol has more sight radius than that), there's no cheekweld to speak of, the stock is round the chin when I try to use either the factory backup sights or the Optima.  However unlike the factory sights, I can adjust the Optima [:)]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#11]
but only if they sneak up on you from behind right?

[;)]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top