Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 11:11:06 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has tried using the RMR dual illuminated optic on a carbine or SBR as the primary optic.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have that sight on my FNP Tactical .45 pistol and it has a good home there. Comparing pistols and rifles is like apples and oranges. I think that sight works great on my pistol, and lousy on a rifle as a primary sight. On the pistol, it co-witnesses with the factory raised sights, and is fast to acquire. On the rifle, it sits too low and I think the window is too small. One thing I do not like about the dual illuminated sights is that amber dot seems a little dim and hard for me to acquire compared to the red dot of other battery powered Trijicons, Doctors, Cmores, and Leupolds.  The glass of the Trijicon has an optical coating on it that if you view it just silghtly off angle, the dot seems to wash out a little and become hard to acquire. I did play with the RMR on my M4 and did not like it compared to my high-mounted aimpoint. The RMR was so low my cheek weld was all out of wack and it did not feel comfortable––it would have to have a riser if you use BUIS as it is too low with the factory Picatinny mount.  I also experimented with it on a scope, mounted off to the side, which I also did not like. I suppose my dislike of sidemounting is just ergonomics and training––I am just not used to looking there for a sight picture.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top