Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 7:11:20 AM EDT
I had to change the fire control kit in my rifle amd it doesn't reset the trigger everytime.The other functions are fine but you must push the trigger forward just a little te reset it about every 5 to 8 shots.The disconnect had a rough finish on it where it contacts the hammer and it has been slicked up and lubed,but it still is not quite right.Just wondering if shooting it some will help it break in or do I need to see about another disconnect or other parts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of trigger group, standard or two stage?  I've had the two stage triggers do something similar in the past.  Sometimes it will work out as the mechanism breaks in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kind of trigger group, standard or two stage?  I've had the two stage triggers do something similar in the past.  Sometimes it will work out as the mechanism breaks in.

Ive also had similar concerns with my two stage (Bushmaster)------------------------Some adj and some lube takes care of it for a while,but if I dont keep up on it,it will do the same thing.
The Bushmaster two stage just doesnt do it for me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#3]
If it fails to reset, clean it up or replace it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The trigger group is a standard group.I can clean it up a little more but  don't want to waste too much time on it or take too much off of it .I thought all I would have to do is drop it in and go from there but I was wrong.If  I had the parts close by it would not be a big deal but I will have to wait for a show in my area or order them from somewhere.Thanks and is a certain name better than another  company if you are just going to have a standard trigger group?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Just look at it carefully, study it while pulling the trigger and resetting the hammer against the disconnector and releasing slowly, you should be able to see where material needs to be removed or polished.  It is not hard to do and you probably have not filed off enough material, try again, I'll bet you will get to work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
dito
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top