Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 6:42:50 AM EDT
Anyone have ideas or know of a trigger shoe product to move the trigger further forward?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I've a friend with a home made modified trigger pad on his AR...I'll get some pics for you.

Taffy
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Great thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:39:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone have ideas or know of a trigger shoe product to move the trigger further forward?
Thanks

Tag for pics.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:02:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Any after market device/trigger shoe one puts on, has the risk of failing (or working) at the wrong time. Since the most common method of mounting is to clamp onto the original trigger with set screws (or any similar method), it effective widens the trigger and increase the possibility of an UD. Any add on part other than a manufactured trigger designed with the increased pad depth area built in is asking for a problem.  

Most of the UDs I investigated involved handguns and rifles with trigger shoes happened when the firearm was being holstered, handled (loaded) in a manner that resulted in the trigger being touched inadvertantly, or inserted in a case where the increased width caused the trigger to be pushed back.  Yes, I know, the idiots shouldn't have been putting loaded firearms into cases (even with the safety on), but the handguns were being inserted into holsters not designed for the shoe.

Also, any increased front area of the trigger decreases the space available for ones trigger finger in the front of the trigger guard and that could result in an UD by simply inserting the finger in the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Might I suggest another, safer method of lengthening the distance between the palm of your hand and tip of your trigger finger?  Try a new pistol grip like the Ergo Overmolded or the Fobus G27.  They both have an extended 'beaver tail' to force back your palm.  I have a Hogue grip, and while I like it's feel, I too am in the market for a new pistol grip with an extended beaver tail.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd go with a bigger grip before adding anything to the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
for a trigger pad, you can add a little JBWeld and coat the trigger in plasti-dip, building up the desired thickness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top