Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2005 9:01:56 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help on an aftermarket trigger for my Hbar elite.  I purchased a JARD trigger and went to install it last night and ran into some problems with fitting it.  There is a block of some sorts just between the safety and the trigger.  I've never seen this before, even on my girlfreinds Hbar sporter.  I don't know if any trigger is going to work with this in the way.  The block has colt stamped on the top of it so I don't think it was done after leaving the factory.  Any advice or suggestions to get around this would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It would appear that you have a 'sear block' installed by Colt. These were installed to interfere with the installation of the infamous 'drop in auto sear'. The idea was to make it difficult to convert the lower to full auto capability. It worked as designed, but, it also makes some aftermarket triggers impossible to install without major modification to the FCG or removal of the sear block. I would try to exchange the JARD for an Accuracy Speaks trigger as the AS works with sear blocks. Charles the Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
This might be of some assistance ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=202184
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a bunch guys!  I'll look into getting an AS trigger for my colt and throw the JARD in my girls.  I thought about putting the lower in a mill and just cutting the block out but didn't want to mess with it too much.  Thanks again!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top