Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/29/2004 6:20:50 AM EST
I was putting together my Ameetec lower reciever with a Bushmaster lower parts kit, and the trigger/hammer pins fit with some slop. The pins (without the internal hammer/trigger group installed) will slide right through the holes on the reciever and plop out the other side.
I thought the pins may be too small, so I compared them to another set. Same size. (.154")
When the hammer/trigger group are installed in the reciever the spring tension keeps the pins in place.
Is this normal? Will the pins walk out of the reciever when firing?
Any help?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:54:40 AM EST
I have only built 3 lowers, but if I remember correctly it seemed like the fit was similar to what you are describing without the springs installed.

I double-checked this AR15.com resource just to be sure AR15 Lower Blue Print and it shows the holes to be .1560

I have forgot how to read these things since high school (20 + years ago) but I think it states there can be a +/- .0015 variance...but I could be mistaken. If the pins are .154 there would be a slight movement.

Anyhow....you should be just fine with the springs installed.

Hope this helps! Have fun!!!

Scott
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:05:05 AM EST
Thanks, I measured the trigger/hammer pin holes, they are .156/.157 (within spec)
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:05:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By howlie:
I was putting together my Ameetec lower reciever with a Bushmaster lower parts kit, and the trigger/hammer pins fit with some slop. The pins (without the internal hammer/trigger group installed) will slide right through the holes on the reciever and plop out the other side.
I thought the pins may be too small, so I compared them to another set. Same size. (.154")
When the hammer/trigger group are installed in the reciever the spring tension keeps the pins in place.
Is this normal? Will the pins walk out of the reciever when firing?
Any help?

Yes, it's normal. The J spring keeps the hammer pin in place and the hammer spring keeps the trigger pin in place. No, they will not walk out of the receiver when firing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:52:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By howlie:
Thanks, I measured the trigger/hammer pin holes, they are .156/.157 (within spec)

You are welcome!
Top Top