Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 3:07:49 PM EDT
Hello-

I recently built my first ar without any problems, except for the trigger guard.  It appears to be too long, and the built in detent won't pop into place in the receiver when I have the trigger guard roll pin punched in.  The trigger guard roll pin took a lot of effort to install, much more than any other pins I had to install.  Any quick solutions? Is my best bet to contact who I got the lower parts kit from and ask him to send me a new trigger guard?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have installed the roll pin with the trigger guard locked into the detent. That would have told you immediately if the guard was too long.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I won't actually have access to measurements for a couple days. I'm in Mukilteo within 5 minutes of Sam's Gun Club, but am currently at college, but go home every couple weeks.

I tried both installing the trigger guard with the detent locked in place and without.  With it locked in place, it would take a great deal of force to get the roll pin in, is this normal?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#6]
RRA lower part kits, mega lower.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top