Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:07:10 AM EDT
I have a RRA lower I have recently built with RRA parts. I put the trigger gaurd on a few nights ago, & I can't get the roll pin to get flus with the reciever. It is still sticking out almost 1/8". I tried to use a bigger punch to drive it, but when it wouldn't go, I was affraid it might break the reciever off on the left side of the trigger gaurd.

I ordered my parts from RRA so I know they should fit right.

So what do I do to make it right?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
What I always do, esp. THAT particular roll pin area is crimp the end of the roll pin down some to give it a pointy shape, that seems to help guide thru the holes a lil better. The other thing , try a diff. roll pin, your may be outa spec. I wouldnt mess with the hole itself, if you were to make it bigger, you may have issues tryin to get roll pin NOT to fall out,etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top