Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:13:28 PM EDT
I have a gun that I was going to sell, but I have discovered a problem with it. I got it in a trade and never fired it. I was inspecting something for someone who saw my ad on EE, and I discovered that the holes for the hammer and trigger pins have been widened. The trigger pin actually came about half way out on me.

Is there anything I can do to repair this other than replacing the lower?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Oversized pins.

But... if the trigger pin is walking on you, it sounds like you need new springs or your FCG is installed incorrectly.

Are you sure the holes are larger than normal?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Oversized pins.

But... if the trigger pin is walking on you, it sounds like you need new springs or your FCG is installed incorrectly.

Yep.

I can push on the side of the trigger and see the trigger pin move inside the hole.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oversized pins.

Yep.

I can push on the side of the trigger and see the trigger pin move inside the hole.

Alright, but I would still check to see if everything is installed correctly. You say you got this lower in a trade... it's possible that the previous owner did not install the FCG properly.

Larger holes or not, the trigger pin should not walk, because it is being retained by one of the legs of the hammer spring. This alone tells me that something just ain't right.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oversized pins.

Yep.

Alright, but I would still check to see if everything is installed correctly. You say you got this lower in a trade... it's possible that the previous owner did not install the FCG properly.

Larger holes or not, the trigger pin should not walk, because it is being retained by one of the legs of the hammer spring. This alone tells me that something just ain't right.

Hammer spring was in backwards.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oversized pins.

Yep.

Told ya!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I love it when shit gets fixed
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I love this site.

30 minutes from problem discovery to resolution.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I've done that one before.

"Why is my hammer so light?"

"OH!" /slaps forehead.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love this site.

30 minutes from problem discovery to resolution.

I know. Very cool indeed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top