Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:27:57 PM EDT
I am building a semi-precision rifle out of some parts I have lying around.

I say semi because I am doing what I can to keep costs low, as I plan on building a "real" varminter a little later on.

So for the moment, I have two questions.  If I want to improve the stock trigger, what can I do?  I just read a thread about changing out springs, but I'd like something two-stage if possible, with a very light second stage (my Savage with accutrigger comes to mind).  I'm looking at the RRA or Bushmaster national match, just because its not terribly expensive.  I'd like to keep it under $100 if possible.  Any ideas?

Second, the grip.  I've got a Rite-Pull on it now, and have tried various types of grips.  None feel just right.  I'm not sure I like the Rite-Pull.  I definetely like the way it positions my finger over the trigger, but I think with a lighter/better trigger, it may not be necessary.  

So aside from those true varminter grips with the fancy contour and large rubber base plate, are there any decent grips out there that you guys have had success with for bench rifles?  I'm looking at the Magpul, as it looks like its thicker than the normal stuff I've been seeing.

Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 for the Magpul MIAD grip
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
MIAD is good.  I like the G27 from First Samco as well.  It's incredibly cheap and rather comfortable for my large hands.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top