Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2014 5:32:38 AM EDT
I have a 80% lower and have drilled all the holes correctly. but am still having some trouble with the safety selector switch not clearing the back of the trigger. I have heard some guy's talk about filing the trigger but have not heard anyone say if they were filing the bottom of the trigger so that it goes lower in the FCG pocket or if they are filing the top. Would love to hear you suggestions

Note Trigger and Hammer and disconnect are working properly
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you installing the selector before or after the hammer?  If after the hammer is installed then the hammer needs to be in the cocked position for the selector to pass.  If before the hammer is installed you will need to push the trigger forward.

If the selector still won't fit, then I would cut the sop rear portion of the trigger slightly.

How much interference are you experiencing?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I had issues with mine when I first installed my parts kit.  My problem ended up being my FCP was about .05" too shallow.  After shaving that .05 off the floor, everything fit correctly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had issues with mine when I first installed my parts kit.  My problem ended up being my FCP was about .05" too shallow.  After shaving that .05 off the floor, everything fit correctly.
View Quote
Good point, its always a good idea to check your dimensions.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Just enough to keep the selector from going in(With the hammer cocked ) it appears to be very close when I look from the opposite side it is barely to high on the back of the trigger
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
just saw the the post concerning FCG depth will verify
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just saw the the post concerning FCG depth will verify
View Quote

If your selector hole location is precise, FCG floor depth is your problem. If you only increase the depth just barely enough for the trigger bar to clear it will be well for your trigger feel. Deeper than necessary and trigger take-up/pull-length will be increased. Actually, with a too-deep floor overtravel will also increase. Just-right floor is just-right. Or drill and tap holes for take-up/overtravel set screws.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:29:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I assume that you have already solved your problem. But FWIW, you might also want to check and make sure you are installing the selector in the"fire" orientation (pointer up). Otherwise it probably won't go in even if everything else is correct.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top