Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:22:58 AM EDT
I can't believe how much they want for a new trigger system..  It is outrageous.  How can timney and all the rest charge $50-$60 for some triggers with adjustable pulls yet charge $150 + for the AR's?  Does anyone know of anyone who makes a decent clean breaking trigger that fires at around 3-4 lbs but won't break the bank?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#1]
IM sent
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can't believe how much they want for a new trigger system..  It is outrageous.  How can timney and all the rest charge $50-$60 for some triggers with adjustable pulls yet charge $150 + for the AR's?  Does anyone know of anyone who makes a decent clean breaking trigger that fires at around 3-4 lbs but won't break the bank?

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
+2...I typically try to find the best thing out there and just pay for it. I am rarely disappointed in quality and function, but often disapointed in price.

The trade off is that I don't have to deal with returns/resale, uninstalling re-installing several times, etc.  A trigger, especially, is something that I really need to try to see how well I like it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
ive been in this dilemma recently, and i just bought a service rifle trigger for the time being.  it was all of $30, and it got me shooting.  paying $250+ for a trigger is a little retarded to me, even though im willing to pay that if the trigger is everything its cracked up to be.  the only one i havent shot is the JP.  the timney and mccormick triggers tend to piss about 50% of their owners off for some reason or another, the RRA 2 stage triggers generally have about a 75% approval rate, and ive only heard 1 or 2 people say anything bad about the geisselle.  thats what im going with because of all the different OEM and aftermarket triggers ive shot, the geiselle service rifle trigger has been the best by far.  im building a 300-600yd target rifle, so i cant really complain about the price if it makes my groups better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA LPKs with 2 stage NM trigger were going for $200 at the gun show here in PHX yesterday.  Yikes...

Ed
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top