Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2003 9:03:17 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster M4gery, and also have a scoped 16" bull barrel "target" style upper that I use with that same lower.  I am thinking about installing an aftermarket trigger, mainly because I think my groups are suffering because of the atrocious pull of the stock trigger, and also because my finger really starts hurting after a while.  

The rifle(s) are used mostly for plinking and shooting at paper, but, of course, could theoretically be employed in a SHTF situation.

I'm leaning towards either Jard or JP Enterprises (primarily because Midway USA has them, and I like ordering from those guys).  Any advice on either of these?  Or, is there another trigger that would be a significantly better choice?

Do these triggers usually drop in, or is special fitting required?

Thanks!

--Mike
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to check out the RRA 2-stage match triggers on the EE, I hear they are very good and drop in w/ no mods.

If money is no object, I prefer the Jewell 2-stage for my precision AR.

Mike

PS - lot of fellas here prefer single stage triggers for their SHTF weapons, but all my miltary weapons (M1 Carbine, M1 Tanker, M-14) have 2-stage triggers and that's why I like them, just my preference, YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
If money is no object then consider the Stoner.  It is a drop in and the best I have used.  I also have a Jewell, but it is just not as crisp as the Stoners, and a bit more difficult to install and adjust.

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the JP as it is open in the rear and ready to accept M16 componants.

I have shot the Jewell and it's sweet but if adjusted too light expect bump firing even from the shoulder.

Couple of guys shooting IPSC installed the JARD and they both went doubletapping right off the bat.  Never looked at them could be setup.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I played with a Buchmaster 2 stage and thought it was great, but then I got the Jewell and it's amazing.  Unfortunately it's hard to ever really compare many at once.  If someone will send me triggers from RRA, Armalite, Bushy, JARD, Compas Lake, JP, and Knight's, plus a box of lowers I'll set em up and see how they all stack up.  [;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
for general plinker, all the trigger listed above are good choice, but if the gun is to see some serious duties, I would highly recommend the Accuracy Speak trigger, it is no none sense, no screw to adjust, smooth and light single stage trigger system.  it will take some minor fitting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You might want to check out the RRA 2-stage match triggers on the EE, I hear they are very good and drop in w/ no mods.
View Quote

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  I decided to go with the RRA.

--Mike
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Good choice, I have 2 of them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]
SMGLee:

I'm ready for a new trigger also.  Could you please go into a little more detail about "fitting" the Accuracy Speaks trigger?

I've adjusted all my Rem 700's and Win M70's triggers.  I know AR's are different but I don't mind a little "fitting" if I know the ropes and tricks.

Thanks ahead of time.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
you may have to take a little off so the safety works. other than that if i could do it myself  ANYONE could. It is so nice and crisp with nothing to adjust. Go for it
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top