Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2009 8:45:20 PM EDT
...didn't work too well.  I basically tried to use a screwdriver and hammer to push back the metal.  Basically just flattened it.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Pipe wrench - seriously like a 10" one is perfect.  Loctite needs some heat to make the nut loose if you want to try that first.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the locking nut on your buffer tube? Did you stake it or stalk it?

Best thing to do is use a cheater pipe.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Are you talking about the locking nut on your buffer tube? Did you stake it or stalk it?

Best thing to do is use a cheater pipe.

I don't really have any usable vise to put the lower in but it looks like my wrench is taking a chunk out of the groove.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Put the flat portion of the receiver against the left hand and the pipe wrench on the castle nut in your right.  Put both hands in between your legs at about the knee.  You want your hands forming about a 30 degree angle, like a V.  Push both the left hand and right hand together.  I have done 6 or so like that and it always works for me.  If there is any amount of Lock-tite, you may have to heat it up some.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Put the flat portion of the receiver against the left hand and the pipe wrench on the castle nut in your right.  Put both hands in between your legs at about the knee.  You want your hands forming about a 30 degree angle, like a V.  Push both the left hand and right hand together.  I have done 6 or so like that and it always works for me.  If there is any amount of Lock-tite, you may have to heat it up some.

I'll try that, thanks.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top