Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2009 11:05:34 PM EDT
Found this item and I am not sure what length barrel it is meant for. model 1 sales has a shorty triangle in their latest ad; but shows it available on the 11.5" + 5.5" slotted weld on-flash hider. Will these only fit that configuration or will they fit m-r or CAR 16" models?

NDS-35 Carbine length triangle handguards

Manufactured by Tony's Custom Uppers, these high quality "A1" style handguards give your carbine a distinctive "Retro" flavor.

They require installation of a rifle style triangular cap (.750" barrel diameter version included) on your carbine barrel.

This necessitates removing your front sight base.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/jonrw/shorty.jpg

Also, are the XM 177 problematic in that they are too short to reliable cycle ammo> I was getting this from another post. I like the look of them, not sure of how I'd best make use of it though.

Ed
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Found this item and I am not sure what length barrel it is meant for. model 1 sales has a shorty triangle in their latest ad; but shows it available on the 11.5" + 5.5" slotted weld on-flash hider. Will these only fit that configuration or will they fit m-r or CAR 16" models?

NDS-35 Carbine length triangle handguards

Manufactured by Tony's Custom Uppers, these high quality "A1" style handguards give your carbine a distinctive "Retro" flavor.

They require installation of a rifle style triangular cap (.750" barrel diameter version included) on your carbine barrel.

This necessitates removing your front sight base.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/jonrw/shorty.jpg

Also, are the XM 177 problematic in that they are too short to reliable cycle ammo> I was getting this from another post. I like the look of them, not sure of how I'd best make use of it though.

Ed

As long as you are using a carbine-length gas system, you are good to go.

I have several 10" and 10.5" uppers that run fine.  I use good quality components and have no issues with feeding or reliability.

Here's my XM607

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top