Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/27/2004 12:52:00 PM EST
Anybody got a rough idea on the trade in value of a Post Ban- Bushy standard 20" HBAR with the A-1 hybrid upper (has the A-2 case deflector) and the ear shatterer mini Y-comp pinned on. It has fewer than 50 rounds through it. Getting ready for Sept. and found out it would be cheaper to just get a new upper assembly in standard A-2 config. than swapping out the upper rec. FSB, and turning and threading the bbl. Looking at around 300 for a non-chrome lined A-2 20" HBAR, a little higher with chrome bore. Anything I can get out of the old upper will help pay for the new one.

I sure do hope this thing is worth something. If not I may go for a .223 Saiga conversion project instead and use the Bushy as a big paper weight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:01:12 PM EST

Find a used preban upper on the EE. I have seen used bushy uppers going for $300-$350 for a preban. I found an A1 upper with a Bushy 16" barrel one time at gunshow for $225. Just look around and don't give up. I am sure if you put it on the EE and asked for $300 OBO you would get close. Personally I think the upper you have would work great for a utilitarian rifle. Just have the barrel threaded and call it good. Bayonet lugs are over rated IMHO.

IDHunt
Top Top