Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 9:20:39 AM EDT
Here are a few toys my friends and I took to our loacal Machine Gun shoot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, cant get this darn picture to work
Its a table loaded with ar-15s and an accuracy international
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Two sources, same picture - hopefully at least one will work at any given time:

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Now that the picture works, I have a question for you:  Who makes the yellow safe/empty chamber indicators in those weapons, and are they any good?

I've thought about getting some of those, but they look like they are made of plastic and I am afraid they will melt into a sticky, nasty mess if inserted into a hot chamber.  Does anyone make them out of something that is guaranteed not to melt even in a hot chamber (like maybe teflon, perhaps)?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now that the picture works, I have a question for you:  Who makes the yellow safe/empty chamber indicators in those weapons, and are they any good?

I've thought about getting some of those, but they look like they are made of plastic and I am afraid they will melt into a sticky, nasty mess if inserted into a hot chamber.  Does anyone make them out of something that is guaranteed not to melt even in a hot chamber (like maybe teflon, perhaps)?

I know you can get them from bushmaster, they're in the catalog and on their website.  Made of plastic.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, I want that accuracy international rifle  >.<
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I rehosted it on photobucke in addtion to Bag_Man's original imagestation account (which seems to be rather hit or miss).  Hopefully at least one of the two will work for you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you can get them from bushmaster, they're in the catalog and on their website.  Made of plastic.

Do you mean this?

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/dcm/sb16.asp

I still worry about the combination of plastic with hot chambers/bolts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#9]
They are little chamber flags. I dont know where they get em from, but I can ask, they are pretty hard plastic so Im not too worried about them melting. The Idea behind em is they show everyone at a glance that the action is clear. One came with my armalite when I got it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#10]
They look like the ones Fulton Armory sells for $1.95:

I use homemade ones made from flourescent yellow zip ties (for the bore part) and flat foam sheet (for the flag part) on my .22 LR bolt action and they work great.  However, I wasn't sure if the nylon would hold up to the AR-15 since it gets hotter than my .22 LR.  Maybe I am worried about nothing.

<edit to fix link>
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top