Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:30:47 AM EDT
Hello,

Great site here.  I have an older Colt Match HBAR A2 style (carry handle).  I want to put a 16" upper on it.  What brand and type would you guys recommend?  The serial number range is MH 074XXX.  Is  that large pin or small pin?  The rifle only has about 500 rounds thru it.  I have had it since new which I believe was around '92.  I have already purchased a bunch of magazines from .44 mag over the last 2 weeks.  This is getting to be a fun hobby.  hanks
Wayne

PS I didn't shoot it much because of the Klinton ban.  I was trying to keep it as unused as possible.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello,

Great site here.  I have an older Colt Match HBAR A2 style (carry handle).  I want to put a 16" upper on it.  What brand and type would you guys recommend?  The serial number range is MH 074XXX.  Is  that large pin or small pin? Is the Back take down hole the same size as the front one? If so thats considered SMALL HOLE upper/lower The rifle only has about 500 rounds thru it.  I have had it since new which I believe was around '92.  I have already purchased a bunch of magazines from .44 mag over the last 2 weeks.  This is getting to be a fun hobby.  

Thanks in advance for the info.  On a side note, I have always tried to be prepared for anything. I did not know what prepared meant until I visited this site.  I am learning as fast as I can. This rifle is supposed to be my SHTF rifle.

Wayne

PS I didn't shoot it much because of the Klinton ban.  I was trying to keep it as unused as possible.

As far as upper goes. Depends on what ya want and how much money ya wanna spend.I piece my together from EE sales. I prefer Bushmaster or CMMG chrome barrels. The upper itself dont matter to me as long as the fit and finish are good togo and its mil-spec. Some ppl really like the LMT uppers. Your choices are kinda endless.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info die-tryin.  I just went and checked and the two holes look to be the same size so I must have the small diameter.

Edited: I measured and it looks to be slightly larger. I will just go ahead and buy the adapter.  If I don't need it for this rifle I may need on another someday.

Wayne
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top