Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 9:41:29 PM EDT
I bought one of the YHM Phantoms with the closed in bottom (similar to the A2 FH).....do the Phantom's need to be torqued when installed? I heard they do not but I wanted to confirm.

If I remember right the A2 style calls for 15-20 ft lbs of torque. I just don't know if the same applies to a closed bottom Phantom.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:16:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The closed bottom flash-suppressors need to be "INDEXED", so the closed bottom is on the bottom.

This is accomplished by use of a "crush-washer" in most instances.

Unless of course if the Phantom is going on a 14.5" M4 barrel in which case it should be welded and pinned on, in order to be legal, after being properly indexed.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:29:33 AM EDT
[#2]
use a crush washer (normally included with the 5c1-2) and tighten till you get resistance and then tighten some more till its indexed.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top