Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/19/2006 1:38:31 PM EST

What do you guys use?

I need one that will go up to 50 in-lbs for mounting a scope base.

All they have around here and on the internet are these huge ass ones for wrenching on cars or these little accurate ones for around $150

What am I missing?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:56:20 PM EST
i got a set of Husky brand from home depot for about 7 or 8 bucks, they had a warrantee too. they were in a red rubber type fold out set up. i have really torqued down on them w/o any issues. I also got a set of craftsman I got at a garage sale, they are solid also.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:00:41 PM EST
I checked both sears and home depot with no luck.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:11:17 PM EST
Sears does sell an inch lb. wrench, click type. It goes down to about 30inch lbs. I would back it down a couple negative [it will] to get a reccommended 15. I have gotten away with none for decades, this Sears unit is a value at 65.00? Nut behind the wheel is always responsibe.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:14:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 4:16:38 PM EST by scott]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:16:17 PM EST
if you hurry, there is one on ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.com/Armstrong-Inch-Pound-Micrometer-Torque-Wrench-1-4_W0QQitemZ4447401580QQcategoryZ42265QQrdZ1QQcm­dZViewItem
Top Top