Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:35:52 PM EDT
I have a friend who is liberal but has been a friend for a long time. Today I took him to the range to try out an M4, an AK, and a pistol. He has only shot .22's when he was a kid. He loved it, kept making comments about how he wish he would have done this sooner in life, how he never thought shooting could be so much fun.  His wife kept calling knowing he was out shooting with his evil gun friend, but eventually we left. On the way home we discussed the reasons why someone would own an assault rifle, discussed the system of check's & balances, the founding fathers' reasons for the 2nd Amendment, our obligation as citizens, what freedom truly means, what more it could be to lose our freedom, what would happen if they did take away our rights, and why it is important to vote your rights even if you don't always believe the same as losing rights even if not used still shifts the balance of power. He agreed with most of it, didn't realize how much a battle it has been for gun owners just to keep their rights, even asked many questions, said it changes almost everything he once believed in, and most importantly wants to go again sometime, even asked how much a lower amount type rifle would cost. Surprised me in many ways.

Also my LMT that sucked last time, ran like a champ- ate everything I fed it, used the Orlites it somehow preferred (don't know why), and this time ran Wolf instead of S&B. Didn't use any oil except some light oil on the bolt itself. Very impressed as last time I was so pissed I could have bent it around a tree because it had so many problems. The 5.56 AK ran fine. Grouped both rifles on some paper at 85 meters just to see using same kind of ammo. LMT was holding about 1.2" and the 5.56 AK was around 1.5" off the bench, nothing special, no sandbags, just irons.

Creeper

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya done good!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, opening someones eyes to what we are about is great.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top