Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2005 4:56:27 PM EDT
Ok getting ready to build me a new AR on upper which is better and why..for a

16" m-4gery for entry.

Eotech sight, flip up front and back sights....

and what exactly does it mean by m-4 feed ramps

AR-15 Flat Top Upper With M4 Feed Ramps

AR-15 Flat Top Upper With T Marks
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 6:40:04 PM EDT by GunDraw]
T-marks are kinda a personal choice. I believe the "technical" reason for them is if you attach and detach optics from your top rail often. With the T markings, you can put the device on the exact part of the rail you had it on before as they rails are numbered.

M4 feedramps are a new design in the upper AND the barrel extension that alledgedly aids in the feeding of ammunition from the magazine to the chamber. If you give me a couple seconds I should be able to find the thread that explains the whole thing.

I have them on the midlength carbine I just built. Probably more show than go, but I have them.

Gundraw

Here is the post that will tell you everything you want to know about M4 feedramps.... and then some.

Clearing up “M4 Feed Ramp” misinformation
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:30:16 PM EDT
Thanks for the re[ly good info in the link as well
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:22:25 AM EDT
+1 on the m4 thread and as for the tmarks i really dont care for them and if i did get them i would rather them be black.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:26:44 AM EDT
t-marks are a personal choice.
I don't have them and I manage to put my aimpoint back on in the same spot every time.

feed ramps.... well my jury is still out on them. I would say that I don't need them. depends on what your doing though.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:49:12 AM EDT
I'd get a ramped receiver and barrel before I got "T" marks. They're pretty and cool, but it isn't hard to mount an optic in the same spot.
Top Top