Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 10:51:37 AM EDT
Does anybody have experience with aluminum CAR-style collapsible butt stocks by Tony's Custom Uppers?

I have someone wanting to trade one to me and I'd like to know if that stock is any good.

Thanks in advance,

Greg
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link?  Pic?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Link?  Pic?  

brownells

Mfr: TONY'S CUSTOM UPPERS

Aluminum & Synthetic For Pre-Ban Rifles

Four-position, collapsible stock lets you build a compact, handy-to-carry, hunting or tactical rifle. Two styles let you convert your pre-ban AR-15 to A-4 style: tough, durable aluminum or strong, lightweight, injection-molded synthetic. Furnished with buffer tube, recoil spring, carbine length buffer, receiver plate and lock-nut. Ready to install on your Pre-ban rifle.

SPECS: Aluminum stock and buffer tube, black anodized, matte finish. Synthetic stock with aluminum buffer tube. Matte black. Length of pull: closed - 10½" (26.2cm), extended - 13" (33cm).

100-000-577
Aluminum   $100.00

100-000-578
Synthetic   $66.68

Catalog page 56

Sorry but I have not had any play time with one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you live in an area that gets cold, avoid the aluminum.

COLD!   COLD AS HELL!

It's bad enough having aluminum freefloat tubes on a rifle in the cold but to put your cheek up to a cold aluminum stock, no thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
...cold as hell?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...cold as hell?

Don't the Buddhists conssider the underworld a place of freezing cold?  I know I heard of some religion that thinks that.

At any rate, Uglygun is right about the temp.  Al is very good at conducting heat so it'll always be cold on your cheek in the winter and hot on your cheek if you're in the sun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top