Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/21/2007 5:45:08 PM EDT

Bushmaster A3 HBAR

Ok let me start off by saying this was a very informal break in test.

I field stripped and cleaned/lubed the rifle up. Went to my friends house to test fire.
Now keep in mind, new rifle,Monarch FMJ ammo,16mph down wind, and the fact I haven't fired the AR platform since the original A2 was adopted by the USMC

I decided to use iron sights today and I could only fire at 83 yards taped off because of room constraints. I started off at 20 yards to find my paper then, moved back.
After 12 shots I had it close enough to go ahead and try and shoot some groups.

I didn't have a good rest so I decided to fire from the snap in sitting position to start with. The first group of 10 rounds were a bit speratic at best measuring 3.22 inches, but the rifle was functioning perfectly.
I then swaped to the prone position and tried 10 more rounds, that was a bit better 2 1/4 inches.
The only thing I noticed towards the negative ,is the trigger is terrible and I am out of shape!
I had 28 rounds left so I loaded up a full mag and tried a controlled rapid fire from the prone, all rounds were within an 8" pattern.
I know this doesn't reflect how well the rifle will shoot and hope for a good day Sunday afternoon with some better ammo and a scope and the range.
But all in all I am quite pleased, I had no misfeeds or failures of any kind.
The only thing I can see myself changing is the trigger,trigger gaurd,adding my optics, and I may have to remove the front site for the scope useage.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2007 7:08:01 PM EDT by FNFalGuy]
I just purchased a new Bushmaster AR-15 A3 target model recently. Although I haven't made it to the range yet, once I got it home I realized that the trigger felt horrible, the hand guards looked like they were of poor quality and that the finish on the barrel was entirely different than that of the upper and lower receiver. I really hope that this rifle shoots well given these short comings! Due to the fact that I purchased an Armalite AR just a few months ago, all of the hype that I heard about the Bushmaster's has not been demonstrated with the rifle that I just purchased. To be honest, I'm kicking myself that I didn't purchase another Armalite to get the quality that I was looking for!

Top Top