Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2005 8:53:19 AM EDT
Okay, Ive been researching lower reicivers mostly online, so I've narrowed it down to these choices:
A Mega Lower
AMEETEC lower
Bushmaster
Stag Lower

I know all are good choices what one out of all them is the closest to the real deal mil spec, such as not havieing a high shelf or any thing like that.  I know all the pin sizes are the same, its some Colts that are jacked up in that regard.  Oh btw its going in a M&A parts kit.  I just really care that there is a good fit between the upper and lower, and that the finish is decent.  On my Issue M4 the finish is horrible you can see all the machine marks, and tool marks though the finish.  Thanks for the help.
Aron
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...Oh btw its going in a M&A parts kit.  ....

I was going to say Bushmaster, but after reading that I'll say it really doesn't matter - just go with the cheapest.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
buy a stag and don't look back
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Pick one..................................other than the roll mark, they all SHOULD be the same.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Okay, Ive been researching lower reicivers mostly online, so I've narrowed it down to these choices:
A Mega Lower
AMEETEC lower
Bushmaster
Stag Lower

I really don't see how you could go wrong buying anyone of those four.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I'll be the first to say it...
Buy all four!
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A Mega Lower
AMEETEC lower
Bushmaster
Stag Lower

I know all are good choices what one out of all them is the closest to the real deal mil spec, such as not havieing a high shelf or any thing like that.  I know all the pin sizes are the same, its some Colts that are jacked up in that regard.  Oh btw its going in a M&A parts kit.  I just really care that there is a good fit between the upper and lower, and that the finish is decent.  On my Issue M4 the finish is horrible you can see all the machine marks, and tool marks though the finish.  Thanks for the help.
Aron

You want the closest to the "real deal" yet choose a M&A parts kit? And you rule RRA lowers out because of the higher shelf? Unless your going to add a RDIAS, a high shelf makes no difference.

How about just buying a MT6400 Colt. Those are the closest to the "real deal" out there I believe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#7]
heres how i would buy in this order

bushmaster
mega
ameetec
stag

i have all but the stag but did handle one all are great lowers, fit finish have all are perfect and went together perfectly
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I didnt reliize the M&A parts kits were junk, I was looking for a 1:7 twist 20" kit, and they were the only ones I found that offered that.   If thier kits do have problems, what am I too look out for?  The reason im avioid a RRA lower is well if my upper is less than quality I dont want to have any problems getting the two to fit togather. I already have my parts kit at home, but im currently busy with this deypployment and have to wait a month to put it all togather.  Thanks for the help.
Aron
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If thier kits do have problems, what am I too look out for?
Aron

Some out of spec Bolts, Bolt Carriers, Charging Handles caused damage to both the stated parts and upper receiver
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#10]
The Stag that I got seems to be tighter than some of my others. Try a Stag.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#11]
dont forget LAR if u dont want the queer deer...
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
CMMG
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 2:31:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Eagle also makes a great lower for any build, and inexpensive.

Link Posted: 3/3/2005 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought a Stag from Eagle. I like the deer of death.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just bought a Stag from Eagle. I like the deer of death.

+1 Stag
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for Stag. Best fit of upper and lower I've found with randomly paired receivers, all fit well with no play. Tight fit (and matching finish) has been a crap shoot with all the Bushmasters I've had.

When I ordered two a few weeks ago, I asked if they would match uppers and lowers for best fit and was told that it wasn't necessary, they all fit well. I was skeptical, but both of mine fit prefectly, no play. I have since bought two more and found the same thing.

Cosmetically, they have the best finish I've seen as well, receivers, bolt carrier ass. and small parts, all very nice (to be fair, I haven't examined a Les Baer, Wilson, Knight's or other high end AR). The hammers all show evidence of extra polishing and have the best stock trigger of any AR I've felt. The T marks on their flat tops are very cool too. You can also get the heavy buffer which has a tungsten weight substituted for one of the steel weights for more reliable extraction. They also have an extra heavy for NFA weapons.

I don't care for the logo that much, but they are beautifully made and that's what matters.

Can you tell I'm impressed? Get the Stag, you'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Check out the Superior lowers RB Precision is selling...
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Who makes Superior Lowers?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Out of your 4 choices.

For over all best Fit & Finish "Stag" is the finest I'v seen.
For big name "Bushmaster" gets it.
I have no first hand knoledge of Ameetec or Mega. Although I hear good things.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]
+1 on buying all 4
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Another vote for all four. I built a Stag and have a LAR Grizzly on the way. Make it simple, just get one of each.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Mega is the best hands down the finish work  makes Rock River and Bushmaster look like entry level work.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I am pretty sure Stag has the high shelf as well. But like stated before, unless you want a DIAS, high shelf or low shelf, there is no difference.

I would say since you are getting an M&A kit that a Bushmaster lower is probably out of your price range.

I have built lowers with Stag, Grizzly, Rock River. I highly recommend all three. I have no desire to work with Superior, Ameetec, or Mega lowers. So I can not comment on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top