Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2004 4:46:40 PM EDT
Do you really need the hood on a EOtech? How tough is it without the hood, will it still take some knocks? What kind of warrenty does EOtech provide? 1 year 2 years etc.

Thx for the help.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked the same question before, I don't much care for the hood.  The consensus is that you'd void the warranty if you take it off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering the same thing myself since the Holosight is about half the weight, and almost 25% less expensive.  

But one thing I don't know... Do the advancements that go into the "revisions" of the EOTech get included in the Holosight too?  Waterproof is no biggie, but the EOTech revision F's extended battery life and clearer reticle would be worth the extra $$.  

Also, does the Holosight come in a "AA" battery version?

Those are the types of questions I'd want answered before I made a decision like that, much more so than the durability issue.  I'm pretty sure the "roll bar" is overkill for most of us "range" types.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an eotech 512 rev E manufactured 2/17/04 and a bushnell holosight (aa model) 4/20/04.  The Eotech obviously has the hood  but the bushnell has what appears to be an aluminum ring inside the window.  Bushnell claims that the holosight is strong enough that it doesn't need the hoop.  (This could have something to do with the aluminum ring.)  The reticle on both appear to be fairly close but the Bushnell appears to be a brighter red while the Eotech appears to be more of an orange.  They are a vast improvement over the Gen 1 Holosight.  Unfortunately I don't  have any good pictures of the two side by side to illustrate the difference in the window.   I also don't plan on dropping either one anytime soon to see if they will hold up.

It might be worth a call to either company to see if the revisions carry over to the bushnell models.

Oh yeah, the manual for the Bushnell sight claims a 500 hour battery life with aa batteries on setting 12 at 70 degrees F.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top