Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 4:27:50 PM EDT
that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to have a pure lightweight carbine, or to suffer the slings and arrows of weights, protruberances and complications like a BUIS...

I've built the lightest-weight carbine that I could, with a slab-side flat-top upper and a BM ultralight 16" barrel. I topped it with an ACOG TA31-f.

I'm going to grind off the bayonet lug as a final touch, and am very tempted to cut down the front sight base as well. Any arguments for or against?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Find a clamp on lo-profile block (looks like a straight tube ontop for the gas tube). Reason I say clamp on, is that some gas blocks won't be predrilled for pins to hold it on the barrel. If you can find one that is, it might not be properly aligned with the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wouldn't.

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
When I first got an Eotech, I decided that I didn't like the FSB being in the sight picture, so I cut it off and mounted a BM folding sight that clamped around the gas block that was left. I absolutely hated it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a mil spec one, I'll trade you.  I just cut down, shaped and parked a FSB.  No cold blue here.  Turned out great.

Turns out CMMG FSB's are not mil spec.  The slots in the barrel for the tapered pins are not slots, they are holes.  I think they drill the FSB and barrel at the same time (with the FSB mounted).  

I now need a milspec, uncut FSB and I have a modded one I can't use.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top