Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:30:36 AM EDT
Hi,

I am going through my XM-193 rounds one-by-one and separating them into categories of quality of bullets, 'bullet set', sealer, and case quality.

It appears most rounds have a millimeter or so of the bullet cannelure exposed. Is this the ideal set of the bullet? I have a high number of rounds that also have the cannelure completely hidden by the case. Are these bullets pushed too far into the case?

What is the proper depth the bullet should be in the case (for XM-193)?

Thanks,

AE
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
When I seat them, I want the neck just at the forward edge, so you can barely see the cannelure about the rim of the neck.

However - given that new brass is not always very consistent in length - what you see is common, and nothing to be concerned with.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
its fine!

I tried pulling a round of Black Hills blue box 75 with my hammer?

It wore me out couldnt do it?

Tried with vice grips and tore the head off  That bullet aint going no place!!

Ive pulled lots of M855/M193 by far this was the hardest!
I love to look inside
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
its fine!

I tried pulling a round of Black Hills blue box 75 with my hammer?

It wore me out couldnt do it?

I had to use needle nose on the case rim, and vice grips on the bullet in order to pull it just so the cannelure was exposed.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top