User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2004 11:50:45 AM EDT
Hey Gentlemen,
I grow more confused by the hour...
Yes I want a full featured fun rifle Sept 14
No I don't want any hassle or "stigmas"

What's a man to do (The eternal question)
To be or not to behock.gif
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to be.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
My parade is beng rained out before it startshock.gif
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
J/K

If you don't want a lower marked with LEO.
Buy one of the numerous lowers off the EE that are not marked LEO.

Example:
RRA
Stag
Mega
Etc..........
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Need it be so complicated?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't get it.  I've never had anyone inspect any of my guns for markings, features, or anything.  

The second that something is marked restricted, I put it on my imediate MUST HAVE list.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't get it.  I've never had anyone inspect any of my guns for markings, features, or anything.  

The second that something is marked restricted, I put it on my imediate MUST HAVE list.

I love you man!

We think sooooooooo alike.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I tend to feel that way but this is a purchase I want to use and not feel compelled to hide
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
What happened to the fighting spirit?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love an LEO/Mil marked carbine too!  I'm not sure, but wouldn't there be no hastle to buy LEO marked mags and lowers after the Ban expires?  The features will no longer be restricted if everything goes as we all hope, so wouldn't it be just a cool marking on the gun, since there'd be no distinction between what police and regular mortals can have, right?  I've actually seen LEO Colts and I think BMs that can be resevered for the ban expiration.  I would hope this is legal if reputable vendors are doing this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok.
With whom are you afraid to let see your lower?

Local LEO DOES NOT enforce federal gun laws!

After Sep 14th. Ban goes away. LEO marked lowers will be a moot point.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok.

Good Question and the answer is both unknown and quite nebulous?!?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I want one!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are afraid to buy a lower with LEO on it, that is very similar to being afraid of owning an old gun with US property on it...Barney Fife won't care either way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you are afraid to buy a lower with LEO on it, that is very similar to being afraid of owning an old gun with US property on it...Barney Fife won't care either way.

"Afraid" is strong lanquage with the wrong connotation.
I just want to be "clear and free" ie. legal
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'm VERY proud of you, for only saying that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is so hard to understand that the AWB DISAPPEARS from the books?  A law which does not exist can not be enforced.

Feel free to do whatever you want based on irrational fears.  I know what I'm going to do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ok.

I know that, and you know that, but I don't trust my local LEOs to know that. people are arrested every single day for doing things that are perfectly legal.

Some years ago, I had someone try to break down my apartment door one night. When the PD arrived, the first question I was asked was "do you have a permit for that?" referring to a handgun sitting on the desk. I explained to the officer that not only was there no requirement for a permit in Madison, there was no mechanism for obtaining such. She flat out refused to believe me until other officers confirmed what I was saying. I was almost arrested for not having a non-existant permit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is so hard to understand that the AWB DISAPPEARS from the books?  A law which does not exist can not be enforced.

Feel free to do whatever you want based on irrational fears.  I know what I'm going to do.

I agree YEA
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Todays "Irrational Fears" are tommorows headacheshock.gif
PS Call the spelling police
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm VERY proud of you, for only saying that.

Thankyou, it was difficult, but I tried really really really hard.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Well;  Do you feel lucky Punk !!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Having retired from a southern Illinois Sheriff's Dept close to STL and working with both the DEA & BATFE very closely I can tell you that street cops do not hesitate to report what they "THINK" are firearms violations up the ladder to these agencies - especially if they are given a reason by a "citizen"
and the federal agencies would rather work these cases than make their own.

[i]THE ABOVE STATEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL AGENTS OF THESE OR ANY FEDERAL AGENCIES JUST MOST OF THEM ...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Having retired from a southern Illinois Sheriff's Dept close to STL and working with both the DEA & BATFE very closely I can tell you that street cops do not hesitate to report what they "THINK" are firearms violations up the ladder to these agencies - especially if they are given a reason by a "citizen"
and the federal agencies would rather work these cases than make their own.

[i]THE ABOVE STATEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL AGENTS OF THESE OR ANY FEDERAL AGENCIES JUST MOST OF THEM ...

Could you give 1 or 2 specific examples ?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Id like one marked that way myself, just becuase its abit different.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yeah, or any of the tens of thousands of shotguns, revolvers and pistols that have police department markings on them.

People are getting worked up over a non-issue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I was hesitant about two months ago, but now if I can find a Colt and the price is right, I'll be snatching it up.  It  will probably be my only safe queen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#28]
The good news is that everyone here (and everywhere else I've seen) agrees that if/when our onerous AWB sunsets, it will be perfectly legal for otherwise unrestricted citizens to legally own LEO marked rifles and mags.  The bad news is that not all law enforcement personnel know this.

I have already seen two separate written declarations by current law enforcement officers (a municipal officer in suburban Illinois and a county sheriff in rural Michigan) of their intent to arrest anyone found in possession of such equipment, either before or after expiration of the ban.  Both sounded reasonable (absolutely *not* Barney Fife types) but neither was dissuaded by the avalanche of posters attempting to inform them otherwise.  Their response to such postings was the fact that seeing it posted on the internet did not make it so.  They felt their duty was to arrest first and sort out the legal technicalities later.

I think two facts are clear: (1) Civilian ownership of LEO marked rifles & mags will be legal if/when the ban expires; and (2) there is some risk of arrest involved in doing so.  Since no law would be broken there's not much risk of *charges* being filed, but it's clearly within the realm of possibility to acquire a felony *arrest* record (notwithstanding subsequent release from custody).  There's also the possibility that some other substantive violation might be found in the course of such an arrest.

Is this a large risk?  Probably not.  However small the risk, are the potential consequences worth the small savings and fun of owning such equipment?  Good question....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The good news is that everyone here (and everywhere else I've seen) agrees that if/when our onerous AWB sunsets, it will be perfectly legal for otherwise unrestricted citizens to legally own LEO marked rifles and mags.  The bad news is that not all law enforcement personnel know this.

I have already seen two separate written declarations by current law enforcement officers (a municipal officer in suburban Illinois and a county sheriff in rural Michigan) of their intent to arrest anyone found in possession of such equipment, either before or after expiration of the ban.  Both sounded reasonable (absolutely *not* Barney Fife types) but neither was dissuaded by the avalanche of posters attempting to inform them otherwise.  Their response to such postings was the fact that seeing it posted on the internet did not make it so.  They felt their duty was to arrest first and sort out the legal technicalities later.

I think two facts are clear: (1) Civilian ownership of LEO marked rifles & mags will be legal if/when the ban expires; and (2) there is some risk of arrest involved in doing so.  Since no law would be broken there's not much risk of *charges* being filed, but it's clearly within the realm of possibility to acquire a felony *arrest* record (notwithstanding subsequent release from custody).  There's also the possibility that some other substantive violation might be found in the course of such an arrest.

Is this a large risk?  Probably not.  However small the risk, are the potential consequences worth the small savings and fun of owning such equipment?  Good question....

Hell, I'll _volunteer_ to get arrested by these jackasses.

I'll own their life savings and their house when the lawsuit's done.

Abusive pigs like these need to be broken and whipped.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey Gentlemen,

To be or not to be

I don't understand why you even asked this question. If you are so concerned about hassle or "stigmas" buy an unmarked lower. Simple.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Gentlemen,

To be or not to be

I don't understand why you even asked this question. If you are so concerned about hassle or "stigmas" buy an unmarked lower. Simple.

I asked the Question Because:
1) I want a Colt
2) I Want a Full featured Rifle for my money
Akin to not wanting to pay a 2004 price to buy a "New" car only to get a 2003 model with old features.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Because of these considerations is why I asked the Question
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, I'll _volunteer_ to get arrested by these jackasses.

I'll own their life savings and their house when the lawsuit's done.

Abusive pigs like these need to be broken and whipped.

Thanks for your Courage AGC
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#34]
The LE only marked guns will sell at a premium, down the road as an original Military Police only rifle, that was used by security personnel in Iraq. Gun show dealers pay attention !
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top