Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:22:00 PM EDT
I have asked around, got some info from some long time shooters..and trying to balance my decision..

With a scope that has 1.8-10x, a Doc. Optic brings nothing but advantages...that I can think of so far?

With 1.8x at the lowest setting, 44mm objective, that is about as low as it can get with the largest objective.  Although, 1.8x is still alot of magnification for anything close in (0-25yards), and also it limits the field of view, IMHO.

So, to be able to transition from 1.8x to the red-dot, a plus.

Also, even shooting at a higher magnified power, 8ish-10ish, the optic allows you to engage anything that appears closer to you inbetween your previous target.

Its small, weighs barely anything.. mounts securely..

Anyone else want to chime in? Anyone else have a 1.8x and up scope with one mounted?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
the advantage of the dr.optic in conjuction with the powered optic is that the red dot is easier for the eye to pick and faster to acquire a target with.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Why limit yourself to 1.8-10 instead of a higher magnification if you are going to use the Dr. Optic is my question.  I dont see me ever getting another scope with 10X at the high end.  I either want more magnification than that or a smaller scope.  I think you would be beter served with something in the 3-14Xish type of range if you are going with the Dr Optic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why limit yourself to 1.8-10 instead of a higher magnification if you are going to use the Dr. Optic is my question.  I dont see me ever getting another scope with 10X at the high end.  I either want more magnification than that or a smaller scope.  I think you would be beter served with something in the 3-14Xish type of range if you are going with the Dr Optic.

i understand your inquiry, but what magnifiction you need may not be what I need.

Also, the scope has been bought and paid for, so I am working around the capabilities of the scope, and not vice versa.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top