Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:15:14 AM EDT
I would like to have a parts surplus on hand. Is a titanium pin worth the 40 bucks or just get the steel pin. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless your shooting a precision AR15, long range rifle using custom reloaded "accurate" ammunition, there's is no need whatsoever to utilize the titanium firing pin.

Most comments will tell ya they have all kinds of problems, (which is not true in my experience), pierced primers, etc....

I use one in my precision AR, mainly to reduce the possibilty of slam-fires and because I use Remington 7.5 BR primers, which aren't as "hard" as other choices. I have fired thousands of my red-line custom 77 grn. SMK reloads thru it and NEVER had one problem. YMMV

Mike

added: btw this is a great kit for "extra" parts: www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/arpartskit.asp

And also the standard firing pin is not "steel" (which would be too heavy and cause slam- fires) but some sort of aluminum alloy.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I thought. Thanks for the link Mike... KM
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top