Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/30/2004 3:28:26 AM EST
Does anyone have one? Is there a need for one?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:34:22 AM EST
Nope and Nope.........
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:41:48 AM EST
Garbage they are too brittle,stick to the standard one thats chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:44:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 4:45:28 AM EST by Rabbit9]
I've used them in several guns. If you are installing them in a "stock" AR, they will show absolutely no benefit - Save Your Money.

They are beneficial dealing with light primer strikes when using reduced power trigger/hammer springs. I have also seen a benefit on target guns.

This is a often debated topic, so take this for what it is worth.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:48:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 4:49:29 AM EST by Rabbit9]

Originally Posted By model927:
Garbage they are too brittle,stick to the standard one thats chrome lined.

Have you ever broken one? I have AR's with 3-4K rounds through them, and absolutely NO problems with the Ti firing pin, and fellow shooters that have had the same experience with their weapons.

If you're speaking from personal experience, I apologize, but don't spout the same old drivel based on something you've heard.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:35:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 5:36:05 AM EST by JoeyA]

Originally Posted By Rabbit9:
I've used them in several guns. If you are installing them in a "stock" AR, they will show absolutely no benefit - Save Your Money.

They are beneficial dealing with light primer strikes when using reduced power trigger/hammer springs. I have also seen a benefit on target guns.

what he said, and they're titanium-oxide coated, not of solid titanium, Titanium is brittle so it would have to be forged, which would cost and arm,leg and your first born.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:51:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 5:52:26 AM EST by Rabbit9]

Originally Posted By JoeyA:

Originally Posted By Rabbit9:

what he said, and they're titanium-oxide coated, not of solid titanium, Titanium is brittle so it would have to be forged, which would cost and arm,leg and your first born.

Sorry , but you are mistaken. They are constructed of Titanium. The better Ti firing pins are also coated with Titanium-Nitride, which gives the firing pins a VERY hard surface and a gold color.

Ti firing pins ARE very expensive.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:38:18 AM EST
I can't see a need for one, but I'm not a match shooter and none of my ARs are match guns. If you've got a standard AR then a standard firing pin is all you'll every need.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:54:45 AM EST
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:52:43 AM EST
I've never had any firing pin issues with the good old steel ones in an AR or M16, so I'm sticking with the tried and true.
Top Top