Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2008 4:17:04 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these?  I realize they are kind of new, but can't find much information on them.  Search function turned up a few for sale by dealers.  Course I went to Denny's and found one.  I ordered the #4 version.  Just wondered about other folks thoughts?

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
They are outstanding, I've had two so far.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Got the 3 lb. in my Colt 6920.  Love it...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a nice trigger but you could have saved a lot of $ just getting your stock unit worked over. 4lbs is not a big deal for a stock fire control group.

Bill
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Its a nice trigger but you could have saved a lot of $ just getting your stock unit worked over. 4lbs is not a big deal for a stock fire control group.

Bill

But do you get the short take up and reset with a reworked stock trigger group?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 3# Timney in a Ameetec lower with an LMT upper with an Eoteh 552 on the top of the receiver and even with my old eyes I can shoot crows on the fly on a good day . the Timney is very nice and in over 2000 rounds it has preformed flawlessly. I might not want it in a SHTF rifle ,but so far so good . you will NEVER get a stock trigger to feel like a Timney ,it is super smooth and breaks like glass and has less than 1/4 inch take up .
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got two Timney and 1 McCormick, all 4.5 pounders.  I like them both.  My next build, thinking of getting a JP module.  I like a little variety in my life.  No problems with either one I currently have (if you don't count the McCormick recall a couple of months back - no problems before or since I got mine back).  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bill

Your probably right.  Problem is, gunsmithing around here is almost non existent.  There is one guy that specializes in shotguns, and the other guy will go anything, but your going to wait from several months to a year.  The demonizing of the gun by the media has made gunsmithing a dieing profession. IMHO  I now have a spare trigger group that I wouldn't mind getting set to 2 1/2 or 3 pounds to play with.  I imagine out in Colorado there are a few more smiths than there are around here.  IM me if you know of a good one that doesn't charge an arm and a leg, and has a decent turn around time.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top