Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2009 11:58:15 AM EDT
Today at a local funshow I bought a timiney trigger and the dealer dropped it in for me.  All I can say is "WOW", its like the difference between a gravel road and a newly built interstate.  Smooth and crisp break.  The stock trigger I had in the rifle before was "dragging" a bit before the break.  It was enough to make me flinch and miss on 400-500 yard steel plates.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
They are nice, I have two of them
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
timney or G SSA? I'm looking into triggers for my rifles
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both and they both are great,  difference is the Timney is a single stage and the Geissele a two stage. Geissele costs a little less
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one. Sold it to fund other things but....

I loved the way it felt and liked that it was single stage.

Down side is the way the 2 allens hold the trigger pins.
Second range trip out one pin came loose and fell out. I would upgrade to KNS pins if I ever bought another Timney.

Used it also for a while on a .22 upper and had to take it all the way out the lower to clean out all the .22 trash.

Didn't like the fact that every time I have to loosen the grip screw and take out the KNS pins to clean it.

I would not use it on a .22 upper again.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to hear. I'm thinking about going with a Timney for an upcomming build. I prefer the single stage
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top