Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/2/2006 5:30:01 PM EDT
This may of been asked before but anyway im looking into lower's and was wondering which Company has the tightest fiting lower, i was looking into CMT/Stag was trying to look for there lower's on stag's site but could not find were they list complete or just the lower assebly, also what are you opinion's on LMT, they make good and tight lower's? just trying to get some opinions

Thanks

-Russel
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:43:55 PM EDT
RRA’s lowers have always been notorious for being on the tight side. But as with any lower, over time it will loosen up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:27:40 PM EDT
yeah i was looking at some of rra's but there wait time's kind of turned me away, 60-90 day's for a complete lower receiver unless thats just some kind of typo/error seeing they say it would take four to eight week's to deliver a complete rifle, i would generaly think a complete upper would take less time to ship out.

-Russel
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:33:54 PM EDT
Try one of the site supporters in the Industry Section, Eaglefirearms.net for example.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 6:43:26 PM EDT by MPD165]
Try Sun Devil Mfg., they are milled Billet aluminum and are milled to spec.. The one I have is very tight and lightweight. I'm not sure if there is any back order on them yet. Go to Equipment Exchange, there is a thread on them with the dealer that is currently offering them.

ETA: Rainier Arms has them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:41:58 PM EDT
bah face it, eventually u will need an accuwedge so u might as well get a rifle that can accept one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:51:59 PM EDT
My Stag lower and upper are an extremely tight fit. I love it. Perfect finish too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:52:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ironsight-boy:
bah face it, eventually u will need an accuwedge so u might as well get a rifle that can accept one.

Accuwedge is a big gimmick. That play between the receivers does not affect anything. My RRA(very tight) lowered carbine shoots no better than my Bushmaster(normal slack) carbine.

I bought an accuwedge and put it in my 20", it tightened it up for about 2 weeks until that thing was smashed down where it did nothing and the accuracy did not change one bit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:01:23 PM EDT
Nothin' like a tight lower!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:05:07 PM EDT
I have a Dalphon marked lower made by Mega Machine I think. It is very tight. I have a DPMS upper and had to file the edges of the read lug to get the upper to close. So I am going to guess that Mega Machine is a pretty tight lower. I tried my DPMS upper (before I filed it) on my buddy's Bushmaster lower and it was tight but it did close ok.
Top Top