Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:08:39 PM EDT
Other day I ordered a MAGPUL Maid Grip and rail cover in CB from an advertiser on this site
(not Magpul direct) well the items shipped super fast but with one problem....
the rail cover was in CB color and the Maid grip was in ....ODhoI then proceed to send Magpul a Email asking them if there colors are sometimes off or
(what I knew was the truth) If I just got sent the wrong color.

(keep in mind I bought these items from a vendor off the site not Magpul directly)
Well Richard at Magpul sends back a fast reply...........

"They should be pretty close. Send the grip to us and we will send you back a
Coyote Brown one. It sounds like you got an OD grip.
Our address is-
Magpul Industries Corp
PO Box 17697
Boulder Colorado 80308

Include your return address and a copy of this email.
Cheers,
Richard"

So i do as he says and today i recived the Cb Maid in less than a week from shipping the OD to him.
The guy is no bullshit top notch when it comes to customer service-
The guy lost money on this deal- he sent my new CB colored Maid back to me on his dime.
I will now only buy direct through Magpul -saving a couple bucks is not worth the B.S.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could say the same about them
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Other day I ordered a MAGPUL Maid Grip and rail cover in CB from an advertiser on this site
(not Magpul direct) well the items shipped super fast but with one problem....
the rail cover was in CB color and the Maid grip was in ....OD-
So I flung a few superlatives towards my dogs  who happened to be looking at me with tilted heads as I stood scratching my head in the living room.
I then proceed to send Magpul a Email asking them if there colors are sometimes off or

(keep in mind I bought these items from a vendor off the site not Magpul directly)

"They should be pretty close. Send the grip to us and we will send you back a
Coyote Brown one. It sounds like you got an OD grip.
Our address is-
Magpul Industries Corp
PO Box 17697
Boulder Colorado 80308

Include your return address and a copy of this email.
Cheers,
Richard"

So i do as he says and today i recived the Cb Maid in less than a week from shipping the OD to him.
The guy lost money on this deal- he sent my new CB colored Maid back to me on his dime.
I will now only buy direct through Magpul -saving a couple bucks is not worth the B.S.

they sent you a CB maid
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:22:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It really won't help you or anyone else here if you don't elaborate.  Heck, the MagPul guys will probably read this thread and get your problem fixed if you just tell us what's up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered some follwers form them two weeks ago.  They are usually very prompt.  I fired off an e-mail to them yesterday.  I figure they either got lost in the mail or they are a bit behind in manufacturing. but either I would like to know the status of the order.   Since the military is now issuing Magpul followers they may simply be swamped with orders.  I am not concerned or upset with them.  Just would like to know what's up.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You mentioned you have heard lots of bad things about Magpul followers in another thread recently and when I asked what you have heard (just out of curiosity) you said, "oh, just rumors around the range".

I'm in no way knocking what your saying, but for posting somewhat negative comments towards Magpul in two threads I think the least you could do is elaborate.

Trust me, I have no stock in Magpul......heck, I don't even own a Magpul product (I do have some mags on order w/ Magpul folowers)......I'm just honestly curious what you have experienced/heard, in detail. The negative experiences supply helpful information to the members on AR15.com just as much as the positive experiences do.

So, care to elaborate?

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, personally I have not had a very positive experience with them lately. My biggest problems with them have been... no notification that my order was backordered... and no reply to my emails... I also cancelled my order after finding what I needed in stock at Bravo Company and then got a call a day later saying my order had shipped anyway by accident. To their benefit on that last part they did say just to refuse it and assured me that my card would not be charged... but I still can't get a reply as to how it was shipped (UPS, USPS, etc...) so I can let my shipping location know to watch for it and refuse it instead of signing for everything and going through it later as they normally do.

And fwiw, I'm ok with backorders. I know and understand that shit happens and parts run out occasionally, especially when you're supplying the military. No biggie... My problem is lack of communication. If they had simply called me or sent an email saying that the part was not in stock I could have searched the distributors as I ended up doing and I could have found what I needed in stock somewhere, as I did in the end. Instead I was stuck having to improvise throughout most of my Patrol Rifle class by makeshift tying a different sling from what I plan to use on duty to my rifle and "getting by", instead of "training the way I plan to fight". A simple email the day after my order was placed and I could have had one overnighted and used my duty sling for the last 50% or so of my on range training. As it stands I didn't get ANY real world use of my duty set-up in training. Not real happy about that. Training is the time to find problems and issues. Yeah, I'll no doubt train now on my own with my duty set-up for the same reason... but the fact is that I missed some great training experience with my duty gear over this.

I've been dealing with Jessica @ Magpul... or trying to. My last email to her was sent at 3:28 PM on 03/23/06... I asked about the method of shipping, asked a question about availability of the various accessory mod stocks that are shown in the documentation that came with my stock, and voiced my concerns about customer service issues, specifically lack of communication...  with no reply as of yesterday at end of business day.

I fired an email to Rich last night politely voicing my concerns and asking him to review the issues I'm having with his company. I don't expect him to see my email or reply before the next business day, which I'm ok with. Not trying to be an ass, I'm simply not satisfied with the service I've received on this order and I'm trying to give him a chance to look into it and rebuild my confidence in his company and customer service before I buy another M93B for a future project AR that I have on the drawing board right now.

So there you have it. A first hand customer service issue with said issues stated. No "heard some guy at the range who had problems with their service"... These were MY issues and how I was left in a jam by them. And I'm not crying, griping, whining, or really even that upset... I'm simply disappointed in the service I've gotten up to this point. Also, I don't feel like what I'm getting is in line with all the glowing reviews I see on this forum regarding their customer service so I'm bringing it to Richard's attention for review. If he thinks what I've received is acceptable I'll move on and simply use other options for future stock needs. If he sees a problem with how this has been handled and regains my confidence then all is good. No poo slingin' campaign will ensue if he decides I've been treated fairly, I'll just voice my opinion about it with my dollars next time. I'm not trying to ruin their name, I'm just giving a single example of what I consider to be poor service on their part.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had nothing but good experiences with Magpul.  They've gone above and beyond with me, and there are many, many threads on this board where they have done the same with others.  

Magpul's top notch customer service, and great products, will keep me a loyal customer for years to come.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've had nothing but good experiences with Magpul.  They've gone above and beyond with me, and there are many, many threads on this board where they have done the same with others.  

Magpul's top notch customer service, and great products, will keep me a loyal customer for years to come.

And it's statements like this that make me sincerely hope that my experience has been a fluke. I really, REALLY love my M93B, my Ranger plates, and my followers. I also like the looks of the MIAD grip system and Magpul rail covers and would like to give those a try...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I made my very first order from them 2 weeks ago.Ordered 9 Gen 2 `s a couple rail covers.Very quick on the order process and shipping.Very curtious and helpful.I`ll deffenetly do more biz with them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mentioned you have heard lots of bad things about Magpul followers in another thread recently and when I asked what you have heard (just out of curiosity) you said, "oh, just rumors around the range".

I'm in no way knocking what your saying, but for posting somewhat negative comments towards Magpul in two threads I think the least you could do is elaborate.

Trust me, I have no stock in Magpul......heck, I don't even own a Magpul product (I do have some mags on order w/ Magpul folowers)......I'm just honestly curious what you have experienced/heard, in detail. The negative experiences supply helpful information to the members on AR15.com just as much as the positive experiences do.

So, care to elaborate?

I ordered a MIAD sometime back and when I asked when I should be expecting they said about three business days. Three business days later and no MIAD, next day comes around and still no MIAD so I decided to give Magpul a call and get the tracking number and track it., I called and a customer care rep informs me my MIAD still hasn’t been shipped but to fix the problem he will bump up the freight so I’ll get it in two days. Two-three days four days and still no MIAD and when it finely comes in the freight is basic UPS ground.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it just me, or does that blue color actually hurt your eyes too?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if there military contracts are putting a strain on them or if they have gotten big enough that they dont care about the little guy anymore?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had good experiences with them.  I had a MIAD grip that the backstrap wouldn't come off of and the tab snapped.  I sent it to them and they sent me back a new core and backstrap.  Can't ask for more than that.  I'm very pleased.  And plus, that grip is just so much nicer than the stock one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I like their stuff and will be ordering from them but my last order took forever to get to me, other than that a I am quite satisfied!

Need to order a MIAD though, think I'll try one
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I love MagPul !!

I put them up there with the best.

MagPul
Wilson Combat
PRI
Leupold
ADCO
HK
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Ofcourse, they shipped the wrong one, they should have paid for the return shipping of the wrong one as well
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ofcourse, they shipped the wrong one, they should have paid for the return shipping of the wrong one as well

NO, Magpul did not ship the wrong one.  This was an EE deal.  Magpul had nothing to do with the original transaction.  They just fixed it, ON THEIR DIME!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ofcourse, they shipped the wrong one, they should have paid for the return shipping of the wrong one as wellhinking.gif

No they (Magpul) did not ship the wrong thing the vendor Not Magpul goofed the order. Magpul just made it right!!

FWIW
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No they (Magpul) did not ship the wrong thing the vendor Not Magpul goofed the order. Magpul just made it right!!

FWIW

My bad, didn't read it properly. Got all confused by all the fancy colors
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My apologies to EntryTac and Hylton. We try our best and sometimes we come up short due to the circumstances.  In EntryTac’s case the sling loop he was rushed out came of of one of my demo guns!

In any case, both these issues seemed to stem from us not setting the customers expectations correctly. This was something I was strong on when I shipped all the orders personally and I will have to reinforce it with those doing the shipping now.

Please do not think they do not care about orders, they have been swamped and are doing the best they can to keep up. They also have to deal with cases of things not being in stock as we have maxed out capacity in all our normal sources.

We did a run of one of our items last month that should have lasted us 6 months and we have already run out. We do the best we can and try to make right our screw ups along the way. Sometimes we fall short but at the very least we will make sure we are the only ones out of pocket.

Nice gesture, Richard, and I honestly appreciate you doing that... but I still haven't seen the parts you guys sent out. I did get my order from Bravo Company today though, so I'm back up and running. Sounds like a bad case of growing pains for you guys. Can be good and bad I guess. Good that business is rockin' and rollin' for you, but bad because it makes for more issues like those mentioned lately. Hopefully it will all shake out for you soon though, because your products are absolutely top notch. I'll still look forward to your reply to my email regarding my order. In the meantime, thanks for touching base here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I’ve had nothing but bad experience with some dealers on here, I don’t hold a grudge against Magpul being they were gearing up for Shot-Show and I attribute that to the problem I encountered with my order, I'll keep buying from Magpul because they make a solid product, some dealers are just terrible at customer service all around, I’ve done many transactions here on AR15.com and to this date I’ve only been really impressed with one dealer and that’s Mooney’s Firearms.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I’ve had nothing but bad experience with some dealers on here, I don’t hold a grudge against Magpul being they were gearing up for Shot-Show and I attribute that to the problem I encountered with my order, I'll keep buying from Magpul because they make a solid product, some dealers are just terrible at customer service all around, I’ve done many transactions here on AR15.com and to this date I’ve only been really impressed with one dealer and that’s Mooney’s Firearms.  

you must have some really bad luck.  I have done business with at least 10 different dealers here on ARFCOM and every single one of them gave me absolutely perfect service.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Still no reply to my last two emails...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I then proceed to send Magpul a Email asking them if there colors are sometimes off or

Why didn't you make the vendor exhange them for you?  Seems a little strange to make the manufacturer fix the vendor's mistakes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why didn't you make the vendor exhange them for you?  Seems a little strange to make the manufacturer fix the vendor's mistakes.

Again - read my post.
All i did was fire off an Email to Rich @ magpul asking about the CB color they offer -
and if the colors match between furniture parts they offer.
He (Richard) not I suggested i send it to him for a fast exchange- and fast it was, i shipped it on Sat. and got it back less than 5 days later.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#27]
These guys are top notch...  They're freindly to talk to on the phone and they have absolutely great product.  

MIAD and metal Enhanced Trigger Guards on all my ARs, without a second thought.  Love my PRS and the 93B, and can't wait to see the products coming up!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I think if you look at the reputation Magpul has around here and took a serious poll you'd see that they are in the upper crust of customer service and quality of product. All companies will have a fluke here and there, it's just human error no big deal. I think Magpul has always gone beyond a resonable effort to make things right when errors occur. To slam them for someone's 1 time bad story is hardly fair. If we looked and judged all vendors like that there would be none left around to build these great products.  That being said Magpul is still and will be top notch in my book and many many others around here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:23:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think if you look at the reputation Magpul has around here and took a serious poll you'd see that they are in the upper crust of customer service and quality of product. All companies will have a fluke here and there, it's just human error no big deal. I think Magpul has always gone beyond a resonable effort to make things right when errors occur. To slam them for someone's 1 time bad story is hardly fair. If we looked and judged all vendors like that there would be none left around to build these great products.  That being said Magpul is still and will be top notch in my book and many many others around here.

I'm not slamming them. Hell, I still plan to buy from them again in the future. My M93B stock is probably the best improvement I've made to my AR yet. Their products are absolutely awesome! Top notch indeed! I'd shout from the mountain tops my praises for all of their products I've tried so far and can't wait to get and try a MIAD grip. However, the plain and simple fact is that communications concerning the resolution of the problems with this order have been handled poorly. To act like everything is peachy and not air the bad with the good is just going to set the next guy's expectations wrongly as Richard put it in an earlier post. Richard admits that they are having growing pains and related issues. He has no problem admitting that they are human and make mistakes occasionally just like the rest of us. That tells me that he's honest if nothing else. I think some of the rest of you need to accept that they can do wrong as well though.

I'm not attacking them so there's no need to defend them. As I've already said, I'm just airing the "not so good" along with the good here. I don't feel like I'm getting acceptable service on the handling of this order and I think I'm being absolutely fair in how I am addressing it here. Based on some of the past posts I've seen made by Richard I fully expect a positive outcome to my issues eventually. I honestly believe the statements about him being a top notch guy. I believe that in the end he will prove that to me, and I'll waste no time in posting up about it when he does. In the meantime I feel that I am totally justified in calmly and intelligently expressing my concerns over this order.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:32:35 AM EDT
[#30]
I love Magpul.  Good people, good products.  I just wish I knew what those two annoying screwholes on the bottom half of the M93B stock are!!!

Other than that, gotta love em!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:51:58 AM EDT
[#31]
My experience with Magpul has been excellent. I use their products whenever I can.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:20:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I melted an M93A2 body and Magpul sent me an M93B body as a replacement free of charge.  The damage to my stock was caused entirely by me, yet they replaced the stock with an upgrade out of their own pocket.  The only thing they asked was that I send them the old stock so they could see what I had done to it, but IIRC they even sent a prepaid shipping label for me to send it to them!  All of this from me simply contacting them and asking "what's it cost to buy a body".

I wonder if they still have my old stock in some kind of Magpul "hall of horrors".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top