Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2002 8:36:15 AM EDT
I have a pencil barrel 16' preban upper with a flash hider on it. I don't really want the flash hider, nor do I want a muzzle comp. I can't cut the end of the barrel off or it would be too short and I don't want to remove the threads in case I ever want to put the flash hider back on (I have preban lower).

Was wondering if anyone made or could suggest something to cover up the threads without making the barrel muzzle larger or longer.

My other question is this: Does anyone make a clamp on front sight for an AR? I don't mean one that clamps onto rails. I have a cut down front sight on an old flat top upper and I don't really want to replace it with a railed gas block. Just thought someone might make a front sight that simply clamps onto the barrel and/or over the old cut down front sight block.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh, I saw "Thread Protector" and thought you were referring to TheBeekeeper1

I bet Kurt's Kustom Firearms could getcha fixed up.  You might also try posting in his AR15.com forum.  If my dang bills would quit sucking money from my lathe acquisition project, I'd make ya one free just for the fun of it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/Images/yhm-9360-smal-small.jpg

Bushmaster carries a Yankee Hill folding front sight that bolts over a shaved front sight block.

-Troy

That's just what I was looking for. thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top