Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 12:38:43 PM EDT
Gents,

I've owned a couple of AR's over the years but have always favored the AK for my own needs. As such, I'm not an expert on all things AR, but my wife has asked for an AR so I am seeking your collective opi ions on a particular build. Let me know if this is a good setup for general range shooting up to 200 yards, home defense, and the ever popular SHTF scenario in which bugging in is the plan.

Spikes Tactical lower with Anderson Manufacturing LPK, PSA premium 16" upper with mid-length gas system, AIM surplus MPI bcg with bolt, Magpul MOE stock, MOE handguard, MOE grip, Magpul ambi single point sling plate with Magpul sling, Magpul rear BUIS, BCM gunfighter charging handle, and Primary Arms micro dot with riser. All Magpul PMags for feeding.
 Among the AR's I've owned in the past, were a bone stock Colt LE6920 and a bone stock Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine. Any opinions as to whether the above described setup might be better or worse than those two rifles? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like a solid setup.  I'd recommend the Spikes kit or a DD LPK.  If you keep an eye on PSA, they occasionally have great deals on Uppers with BCG and CH (not a BCM, but you can sell it).  I'd also recommend a CTR over an MOE, I like the friction lock and QD mount, I can't positively remember but I don't think the MOE has a QD mount.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
With prices how they are now, I would personally buy a complete BCM 14.5 or 16" upper and pop it on whatever lower you like/built. For home defense, I would be much more comfortable with a BCM upper than a PSA upper.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the feedback. This rifle is already built using the parts I listed. Hence my reason for asking if it sounds like a decent setup as I really don't know a lot about the in's and out's of these rifles.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, so I picked up the rifle and it is indeed a CTR stock rather than the MOE. All in all... It looks to be a solid rife. Time and rounds downrange will tell the full story. Any other input/ opinions would be appreciated.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top