Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2007 7:32:51 PM EDT
I have been looking at those and think it would help me since I tend to bare down while shooting.  The rifle is used primarily for prairie dogs lying in the prone position.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the Palm stop type grip. It seems to allow me to relax my hand more and get more trigger control. Try holding your hand up in the air and pretend to pull a trigger and then rest your palm on the desk and try. I think it is the ticket for long range shooting but they really don't look too cool. Check out the precision rifle forum under arms & tactics there are some serious rigs for long ranges.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah, forget them.  Get a MIAD or other simple grip that really fits your hand.

If you want a target-style grip, also consider the Superior Shooting Systems AR grip.  It does have or need a palm rest but it does have a thumb rest on the left side.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Sierra Precision Rifles grip...

Best target grip I've found yet for putting your trigger finger on the trigger consistently.

Big fat meaty grip to boot for those of us with wookie-like hands.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]
When I first saw the PSG style grips I couldnt sleep til I got one. When I put it on my rifle I hated it. I like the Seirra grip and the Hogue but so far the MAID is my fav. Everyone is different. Thats why there are so many different ones out there, but if your on a budget I recommend getting someone to let you fondle their grip. AH wait a minute thats NOT what I meant. You got a nasty mind. Anyway it would get expensive buying a grip before you knew if you like it or not. You knew that tho. It sucks not having a good gunshop around were i could at least see a product in three dimension before I bought it. I cant remember the last AR part, accessory, or come to think of it an AR that I didnt buy from the EE.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I find the SP grip too small.  The finger ridges don't work for me.  I had two.  I gave one away.  I don't use the other at all.  

As I said, for a target rifle grip, the SSS grip is really, really good - way better than SP IMO.

SSS Composite Grip for the AR-15

The MIAD is as good or better.  It is also a conventional grip so a lefty can use it or if you are injured you can use it weak-handed.  Get the MIAD kit and use the parts from it that suit your grip the best.

Magpul MIAD

Please recognize that everyone's grip is different.  You have to find what feels good to YOU.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top